Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
If I remember correctly the autopartition script of moslo checks that mmcblk0p1 has space enough for splitting before proceeding.
OTOH, I could also be wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Mmcblk0p1 is what partition? MyDocs or what?

Even if moslo has different version? It will work in the same way?

First flash moslo tiny.
And after last moslo.

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
Mmcblk0p1 is what partition? MyDocs or what?
Yes

Even if moslo has different version? It will work in the same way?
If it cotains te autopartition script, yes.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes

If it cotains te autopartition script, yes.
What is the difference btw these 2 moslo:

moslo-0.0.13.2-1.5.Nemo.Adaptation.N9xx.armv7hl.rpm

Moslo 0.0.13.1 tiny

Where can i re download the tiny moslo?

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
What is the difference btw these 2 moslo:
Probably not much.

BTW why do you want to use MOSLO anyway as ubiboot is much better and you already have that...

( I'll give you a hint... the command might be "autopartition.sh create /dev/mmcblk0" )

Last edited by juiceme; 2016-01-05 at 21:39.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Probably not much.

BTW why do you want to use MOSLO anyway as ubiboot is much better and you already have that...

( I'll give you a hint... the command might be "autopartition.sh create /dev/mmcblk0" )
How to creat Alt_OS partition inside mmcblk0? it's for SailfishOS.

Remember i have a lot files inside but i have free space

I don't know how.

Here is my partitions:

Disk /dev/sdc: 59,7 GiB, 64130908160 bytes, 125255680 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0xffffffff

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sdc1 1024 112672767 112671744 53,7G c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sdc2 112672768 121061375 8388608 4G 83 Linux
/dev/sdc3 121061376 125255679 4194304 2G 83 Linux

--> MyDocs have free 17,9 GB.

Thanks

Last edited by n950; 2016-01-06 at 11:16.

I want to say THANKS for Juiceme.
He helps me to figure out my problem with partition and sailfish on my N9.
He is a great guy.

Thanks again everytime i need your help you are here.
Regards.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
I put in a lot of effort to follow all the steps on the sailfish install on my Nokia N9, have been flashing away from Linux Mint on my notebook all weekend. More confident with that now. Was of course delighted when I saw the animated and colourful Ubiboot screen and clicked Sailfish and booted into Sailfish. I had read the "Bugs and Known Issues" list below but was so far through the install I thought I've got to finish it now. So was so happy to finally see the blue Sailfish on the N9.

So set the language, connected it to the home network, opened the browser and a common newspaper website. Browser in Sailfish on the N9 works nicely. Jolla store was refusing to allow me to start an account. So I thought, can I actually make a phonecall with this thing? So I dialled my landline which rang, picked up the receiver on my other ear and talked, but nothing can easily test a phone like this but could not hear my own voice in the other ear. Hung up and tried to ring my mobile from the landline. Sailfish flashed to show an incoming call, but didn't ring. Had previously tried the volume controls and as per the instructions they indeed do not work. So answered and again could not hear a sound.

That was enough to not bother with further testing. What use will it be to have a smartphone which has a nice operating system but with which you cannot make phone calls? I definitely liked the gesture swiping there which opens and closes things. Didn't bother trying to send a text, I felt no camera, no android, no accelerometer, no GPS it can't do as much as my Nokia N82 from 2009 and no phonecalls it does not even have the capacity of a dumbphone!

Part of the motivation to install Sailfish on the N9 was that it would have been great to have access to some of the apps like Telegram or a car sharing app on the N9. Even a real Whatsapp, but one has to take ones hat off to the fantastic reverse-engineering of Whatsup. Also thought it would have been good to have an OS on the N9 that has a browser and overall build fit for the times.

So shut down the Nokia N9. Unfortunately something in Ubiboot is not properly configured and I tried all the operating systems there but only Sailfish would boot and if you let it automatically boot into Meego, it just went to green writing on black error message. So I reflashed something and now it boots into Meego/Harmattan again but with the scary warning which it didn't have before.

I know that Sailfish is still living on its partition in there, I just have to reflash Ubiboot if I need to test it again, and Harmattan is not harmed. If Sailfish was usable on the N9 I'm sure it would not be too hard to play around with Ubiboot for a few hours so you could choose at startup. If Sailfish is not even making phone calls not sure I will bother though..

Have I missed something? Has anyone else managed to get Sailfish on the N9 to actually do more than surf the web?

You might want to think twice about putting the time and energy in putting Sailfish onto the N9 if it barely does anything. Furthermore, something has broken the SDK / developer mode in meego since doing this which is annoying, it could have been putting it in "Openmode" or something to do with the Aegis keys whatever that is...

Bugs and Known Issues

No Android capability as of present.
Camera does not work.
Volume buttons do not work.
Accelerometer does not work.
GPS does not work.
Notifications and Gestures rotated 90 degrees clockwise.
You must manually configure you internet access point. Long-press on the AP in Settings to enter your operator's configuration.

Originally Posted by salamisami View Post
I don't have my N9 yet so I haven't had the time to check it out, how's the performance of Sailfish on the device? Is it smooth like Harmattan or is it more at a proof of concept level? Would installing Sailfish actually bring some new life to the N9 since its a bit more active platform? How do the Sailfish applications perform, most youtube videos just seem to showcase the UI?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately all the various ports of SFOS to N9 are pretty lacking, at the moment the porters community has moved to more recent devices.
That is not to say that even the latest 2.0 versions wouldn't port to N9 fairly easily. It would just need some love&attention.

I suggest you hang on #sailfish-porters@freenet channel. There might be someone who has worked on N9 lately...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks juiceme for the reply, doesn't sound like you can even make a phone call from Sailfish on N9 so I won't waste anymore time with it. Had a read about Freenet and installed it, looks interesting. Haven't managed to find anything Sailfish yet. Have ordered a replacement screen for my Nokia Lumia so once that arrives will be away from the N9 and its addictive ways

The Following User Says Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish