Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
"Free speech" / "free discussion" is a double edged sword. If Dave is free to troll, people who do not approve are free to call him out for acting like a knob.

Don't take this for "dave hate", people are posting rational arguments for why they think he should stop in an effort to change his mind. That isn't hate, it's just disagreement.
You're absolutely right.

I guess, in this particular case, I was just shocked that people thought his words of doubt for the project were so powerful that he needed to be reprimanded.

Either way, "opinions", am i right?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
The Dave hate on this forum is out of control. I love reading Dave's posts. Almost never helpful, almost always entertaining.
Just ignore him. If you can't do that, that is your issue, not Dave's.
This is true, however when I'm reading a forum on something I'm interested in, it's disappointing to find 5 pages of somebody ranting instead of info on the topic.
Thanks for your work so far Chen, I look forward to more updates and will definitely back it on Kickstarter!

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thanks for all the support. In the airport now to China for this. Will update as soon as I can. Hopefully next week.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
"Free speech" / "free discussion" is a double edged sword. If Dave is free to troll, people who do not approve are free to call him out for acting like a knob.

Don't take this for "dave hate", people are posting rational arguments for why they think he should stop in an effort to change his mind. That isn't hate, it's just disagreement.
But there should be consideration of the difference between giving your opinion on project/company/post or what ever and on giving opinion or judging person and telling him what to do or not to.

I think there would be a huge difference if I'll tell that X company is bad and brings bad to the world and doesn't keep it's promises or the project Y is pointless and in my opinion should not exist, between stating that person Z is useless, bad and should not exist. Free speech is one thing but verbal personal attack or false accusation are different things and it would not be "free speech thing"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
But there should be consideration of the difference between giving your opinion on project/company/post or what ever and on giving opinion or judging person and telling him what to do or not to.

I think there would be a huge difference if I'll tell that X company is bad and brings bad to the world and doesn't keep it's promises or the project Y is pointless and in my opinion should not exist, between stating that person Z is useless, bad and should not exist. Free speech is one thing but verbal personal attack or false accusation are different things and it would not be "free speech thing"
Of course. But sometimes it's better to agree than hit back and discuss something total irrelevant.

Now we just have to sit back, relax and see what will happen after chens trip.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-21 at 15:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Dave! You have definitly to much time or no friends.
More than the half of this thread is Dave and answers to Dave.
Can we finished this and focus to chenliangchen please?

Support them!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
Dave! You have definitly to much time or no friends.
More than the half of this thread is Dave and answers to Dave.
Can we finished this and focus to chenliangchen please?

Support them!
Love your assumtions from an internet forum. I live here @TMO 247. No life, no family, no friends, no money, live in dungoon, only eat pizza and is mega fat. But unlimited time. Epic

I find it strange too, lately it's more like 99% which is rediculas. But at the same time, poeple here have the freedom to post so I guess they can say what they want. I mean, why did you bring up my name? Several times as well. Strange.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
@chenliangchen: go 4 it.I love my jolla tablet, sailfishOS is great for tablets. With respect and regards, Moo.

@Dave999: get a grip, get a life.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moo-Crumpus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Welcome to TMO @Moo-Crumpus!
Very good to see new users around here

One Question @chenliangchen.
What is your preferred official narrative regarding the brand and company naming.

Is it
1) Youyota Tablet by Youyota company (as mentioned in this reddit and linked TJC)
2) Youyota Tablet by Livermorium Ltd. (Or is Livermorium Moto Mod only?)
3) Personal project of yours with new company name, youyota branded

While there are only two mentions in da whole intanetz it is still possible to set this straight and prevent having to fight windmills later.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Love your assumtions from an internet forum. I live here @TMO 247. No life, no family, no friends, no money, live in dungoon, only eat pizza and is mega fat. But unlimited time. Epic

I find it strange too, lately it's more like 99% which is rediculas. But at the same time, poeple here have the freedom to post so I guess they can say what they want. I mean, why did you bring up my name? Several times as well. Strange.
Thats impressive haha you've made a guy sign up just to tell you to get a life.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os