Some times (a lot of times) when I charge n810, after a while, it reboots by itself. Searching the forum, only found that it is said to be related to battery defect, but I don't think it's really a battery problem because my battery still holds well when charged. If it is an OS bug, is there a solution now? Please let me know if you know it. It really bothers me. Thanks!

This happens not just when battery is used up. Even the battery is 60% charge, when charging it can happen. However, sometimes it is fine, no problem, and the time between plugging the power to reboot is random, from minutes to hours.

The problem is not the battery (though a new one will make it go away, at least for a while). The real problem is a bug in BME (a non-free component) that Nokia has fixed but refused to release to customers. See bugs #3144 / #6206 for more details.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I had the same problem with my N800. As Lma said, it is related to the BME bug, has been fixed, but is still a problem on the tablets. I read that it was a problem with the battery and bought a new one trying to fix it.

The first few days you get a Lithium Ion battery, you're supposed to leave it on the charger for 12 hours at a time (or something ridiculous, according to Mugen). I tried this using the charger that came with the tablet - constant reboots.

I bought a travel charger / car charger a while ago because I was planning a vacation to Canada. I ended up flying and took the travel charger that came with the pack. Found it to be a really slow at charging the tablet...

I found that if I used that charger, the tablet would never reboot. So far it has been on for I think 80 days?

tl;dr - use a charger that provides less power to the N800 (N810 in your case) and it shouldn't reboot while charging.

The Following User Says Thank You to fillip For This Useful Post:
It's a long time since I post my question. I can say now that a less powerful charger does work and works better. I use a charger that comes with a small non-smart Nokia phone to charge my N810. I then never had the reboot problem, and seems the tablet lasts longer than using the original charger.

Recently, I purchased a new battery but it can't be charged using the stock charger. I have to buy a external travel charger to charge the battery but have not yet received it.