Notices

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Hi lads and lassies.

I don't have enough time to make a theme for N900, but I want to do some Maemo related graphics. So... for now I came up with new "Unlock Screen" design. I hope you like it.

How to change your "Unlock Screen" (written by noob for noobs)

1. Download this file to your computer or to your N900 main directory and unzip it. This file contains necessary graphics to change Unlock Screen.

2. If you have these files on your computer, copy them to Your N900 main directory.

3. On your N900 install Rootsh and optionally CuteExplorer.

This will show how to change Unlock Screen in N900 default theme (Nokia Nseries). If you want to change it for other themes, you have to put your theme name in place of alpha. For example: your theme name is voovoozeelaa, so instead of: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderThumb.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/, you have to use cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderThumb.png /usr/share/themes/voovoozeelaa/images/.

To see your theme name you can use CuteExplorer. Themes are in /usr/share/themes

OK, so lets start (remember: these operations will overwrite default Unlock Screen settings)

Open X-terminal

1. Write:
sudo gainroot
and press Enter. This command makes you root, so you have ability to copy data into certain directories which is not possible for normal user.

X-Terminal has great feature: auto-completing. For example: instead of writing /home/user/MyDocs you can write: /ho and press Tab. It changes to /home/, then you write: us and press Tab. It changes to /home/user/. Then you write M (remember, CAPITAL!) and press Tab. It changes to /home/user/MyDocs. And so on...

By using commands below you're coping (cp) images (LockSliderThumb.png) from your main directory (/home/user/MyDocs/) to directory with theme (/usr/share/themes/alpha/).

2. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderThumb.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/
and press Enter

3. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderThumbPortrait.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/
and press Enter

4. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderLeft.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/
and press Enter

5. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderTop.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/
and press Enter

6. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderRight.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/
and press Enter

7. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/LockSliderBottom.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/images/
and press Enter

8. Write: cp /home/user/MyDocs/lockslider.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/
and press Enter

9. Write: exit and press Enter.

10. Close X-Terminal. Next time, if you open it and become root, you can use arrow up on your keyboard to see all these commands.

11. Restart your phone and you should see new Unlock Screen.

I've used texture from DeviantArt as the background. Everything else is made by me in Inkscape.

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
Another one. Files in attachment. Enjoy!

Attached Files
File Type: zip box.zip (57.2 KB, 235 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
wow! that looks so cool! i like 'em both alot lol
thx for making those!

The Following User Says Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
great stuff mate!

thank you so much. It's great. There is no need to restart phone. I just changed to the theme and the lock screen is updated.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Nice and thank u

Happy New Year!

If you like above screenshot, just download zip from here. It contains nessesery files. Extract it. Copy lockslider.png to: /usr/share/themes/theme_you_want_to_change/backgrounds/ and rest of the files to:
/usr/share/themes/theme_you_want_to_change/images/ Best to do that is FileBox.

If you really like it, fill free to flattr.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
love your work and creativity
edit : copying files is much easier using multi-selection in filebox

The Following User Says Thank You to AgogData For This Useful Post: