Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovakia
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
New version:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/MEE....0.6_armel.deb
Hi Matias,

Great work. Thank you for the update. It works with those special characters I wrote about earlier. I guess there are still some characters in album name tag that prevent the album art from being read correctly (ex. @ as in: Mut@ge).

I tried to test the tag editing function in 0.0.6 (I modified album name of one song). It works well, but the FlowPlayer can't detect the change in music library as it (I suppose) can't refresh it by itself. The only way to reveal this change to FlowPlayer is to run the default N9 "Music" app that is able refresh the music library.
Do you plan adding the automatic library refresh function to FlowPlayer?
Do you plan a mass tagging option, i. e. change artist/album/year for the whole album or for example change artist name fore more albums etc.?

The other thing that comes to my mind regarding the library is to disable the FlowPlayer during an active USB connection (mass storage or MTP) as it's done by stock Music app.

But my biggest wish would be for the graphic equalizer.

Last edited by aiiz; 2012-01-04 at 09:05. Reason: tagging remarks

I've added last.fm and more stuff to this player
Not shuffle yet, but maybe later
I need to change qml audio playback to phonon to get the equalizer, but phonon needs a lot of work, like pause on incoming calls and a lot more. I'll do this when I get more time.

Please N9 users check it, cause Nokia Store rejects the app (black screen on startup)

Regards

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovakia
Hello Matias,

0.0.7 is a great upgrade from 0.0.6. You did an amazing job. I really like the interface changes as grid view, list view. I really appreciate the multiple pages mode. The fact that you consider implementing the equalizer in the future is great news.
What I found out lately is that flowplayer supports "jack sensing" and it pauses playback automatically when headphone jack is pulled out. Great!

Last.fm support - works great - Artist, Album and Song info works, scrobbling, love track both work fine.

Lyrics fetching works as you intended (I believe that automatic online fetching wasn't implemented by design).

I have the impression that the loading time is slower than with 0.0.6, but I guess that's because you added the library refresh function (my library counts 251 albums/3060 songs). There's a system warning screen (FlowPlayer not responding - Close application? - Yes/No) displayed on every startup because of this. Maybe a different (non blocking) startup strategy would be possible: start app first, schedule update later after startup.
I noticed that the library gets updated only on second start after adding something to the library. Example:
1. connect N9 in USB mass storage mode
2. add an album
3. disconnect USB
4. run flowplayer
5. the new album is not visible in the library
6. quit flowplayer
7. run flowplayer
8. the new album becomes visible

There are still some characters that cause problems with album art display or album content recognition. I think that you should allow all characters (@' - are not interpreted correctly).
Example 1: Album name: It's Only Rock 'n Roll - Album is listed correctly with its album art, but the songs aren't visible.
Example 2: Same artist, album names are: Great Song, Great Song (EP), Great Song Tour (1999) - when I choose the album called Great Song, it contains songs from all three aforementioned albums - incorrect behaviour. When I choose album Great Song (EP) or Great Song Tour (1999) they both contain only their respective songs - correct behaviour. Default N9's Music app doesn't have this problem.

That's all what I found. Keep up the great work. Thanks again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aiiz For This Useful Post:
Nice feedback, thanks!

New todo:
- Implement a qprocess to avoid the close application dialog.
- Check specials characters to get album art
- Check album album songs

I think I can make an update for tomorrow, that's not too much work

But the library is updated by tracker, I don't think I can do something about this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
I'm eagerly waiting for the equalizers and shuffle. Really nice job your doing here, thanks man

N9 64gb black

Last edited by zaoltryence; 2012-01-25 at 12:04.

Can you make sort by file name in next ver?

Small changes:
- I put the tracker-sparql (for reading albums) in a thread, it suposes to work in background and prevent the "not responding - close application" dialog.
- I've added shuffle option (only in multipages mode for now), so please test how it works
- Also, I've corrected the code to make it PR1.2 ready

Download and test:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/MEE....0.8_armel.deb

If someone wants to help in localization, here's the translation file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/MEEGO/flowplayer_es.ts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Localization to Portuguese (European) done, sent you a PM!

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Shuffle seems to be working, but repeats and loops on one song in an album quite a few times. Its random playing i guess thus the repeats. But its really a good start. Keep up the good work

N9 64gb black

Tags
covers, flowplayer, harmattan, meego, music