YES !
N900 is a BRILLIANT phone and most of all i love its OS
MAEMO 5 ! it's just what we need !
but the phone it self lacks a good battery (3000mAh would be just GR8) , double ram , and double CPU speed
and make USB OTG working ! thats all , you built the perfect phone !

- i am ok with -no multitouch- (really its ok for me and for most of you n900 users right ?)

- am just fine with the lack of 100000000s of apps android and iphone have (i prefer having 100 needed apps like on n900 rather than 1000sands of useless apps like ones on iphone and android)

am in love with easy debian - the IM and sms system , the contacts , the calendar thats syn with google calendar via erminig app , the ability to use things like aircrack , the brilliant desktop , the ability to handle tough tasks ... really NOKIA u did and ABANDONED the BEST PHONE ON THE PLANET !

and i am still waiting for some phone that has a better battery , a better cpu just to port maemo on it , even if it was samsung or anything i just want MAEMO with all those features !

now who would like an N900 with 2GB ram and 1500ghz CPU ? (without overclock) ?

i am sure 99% of you will say YES !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I would like to have one. Can you send one to me?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I would like to have one. Can you send one to me?
Haha yes sure once NOKIA build one ! N900i
i hope they will make some device that we can install maemo5 on !

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
and 1500ghz CPU ? (without overclock)?
...is that a bitslice CPU?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Imagine a N950 with NFC, usb 4.0, super amoled screen, 720p resolution, FM TX RX, IR Transmiter, HDMI, dual core processor, 2 GB ram, USB OTG.. MAEMO 5!

Everyone would love it..

I agree with teamer, it's better to have few useful apps than a lot useless..

Originally Posted by Iktwo View Post
Imagine a N950 with NFC, usb 4.0, super amoled screen, 720p resolution, FM TX RX, IR Transmiter, HDMI, dual core processor, 2 GB ram, USB OTG.. MAEMO 5!

Everyone would love it..

I agree with teamer, it's better to have few useful apps than a lot useless..
the idea is to have MAEMO5 ! that would be Gr8 !

and i forgot the most important ... a KEYBOARD , those on-screen ones just burns ur nerves !

The Following User Says Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
i would be satisfied if my n900 had just 512mb ram, a little bit better gpu(for instance mali 400 "dual core" with open source drivers) and maybe hw acc flash 11, dont need anything better than that to run maemo for the next 2-3 years...

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-02-03 at 23:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
i would be satisfied if my n900 had just 512mb ram, a little bit better gpu(for instance mali 400 "dual core" with open source drivers) and maybe hw acc flash 11, dont need anything better than that to run maemo for the next 2-3 years...
a good battery is required for that ram and cpu ... i would like to use maemo for lets say ... till another thing like maemo comes up

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
a good battery is required for that ram and cpu ... i would like to use maemo for lets say ... till another thing like maemo comes up
for the things i listed n900's battery is good enough, 1500mAh-1800mAh would be great but is not all that important, i always have my 4600mAh 130g external battery with me anyway...