Active Topics

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I'm not gonna use invisibleshield on mine anymore. They wouldn't last more than 2-3 months anyway when you use them heavily. And they gain yellow tinge.

I'm gonna get a matte screen protector (flat and non-squishy) on mine and that's about it.
So you're saying they suck? Know of any other (better) full-body skin?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I'm not gonna use invisibleshield on mine anymore. They wouldn't last more than 2-3 months anyway when you use them heavily. And they gain yellow tinge.

I'm gonna get a matte screen protector (flat and non-squishy) on mine and that's about it.
Yeah I have to agree. my screen protector from them has that yellow tinge, but it still works (just looks ugly).

Anyway I'm probably getting a screen protector and a carry case if I can't find a full body shield.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
I've also ordered this: http://www.durasec.com/catalog/nokia...or-p-5643.html for additional protection. I got the same leather case (as OP) from Amazon but it doesn't look like the one in the picture, so I'm a bit disappointed.

I used to be a sole believer in Invisible Shields, but it was like drawing on jelly with it on my N800s screen. I'm planning on a little pouch/sock for the N900, not only will it keep it clean (jean-dust is horrible, it's got under the screen of every phone I've owned) but it'll seem like I'm unboxing it again every time I get it out

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Remember to not buy those protectors which covers the proximity sensor, otherwise when you get a call, the screen will turn black (device thinks it's covered) and not able to use the screen at all. At least this is how it goes with 5800.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
I want some case with a metal plate in it (just like my PDA case) as i dont want another cracked screen

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I never use any screen protectors as I always found they either didn't fit right (leaving unprotected gaps that collect dirt), look like crap (as especially due to the previous issue) and how on earth do you get the thing dust/smudge free enough to apply it without leaving marks underneath?

I find its easier to just forget about it as the default coatings are usually pretty decent, as long as you do not accidentally put your keys in the same pocket.

I have a soft cover I used on my Xperia X1 that I suspect might just fit over the N900, I will use that. That is enough to stop things rubbing on the screen in my pocket, actually in-use the screen should come into contact with anything sharp enough to damage it - unless you drop it.

I am looking for a nice pouch/sock for the N900, but I haven't found a good one till now. Can anyone recommend a (german) online shop with lots of pouches?
Maybe I will get a screen protector, too. Any recommendations for an anti-glare protector?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
So you're saying they suck? Know of any other (better) full-body skin?
As far as resisting yellow tinge and body feel, I think Bodyguardz is better than Invisible Shield. But if you ever get any bubbles on 'body stickers' (like invisble shield or bodyguardz), especially on the edge, then say good bye to it within a week. The bubble will expand, gather dusts and becomes unsightly\unprotective very quickly. And bubbles in the corners\joints are very easy to develop, especially if you pocket your phones. I'd reckon you take it in\out of the pocket at least 50 times a day.

I've bought various phone protectors over the years, from $5 'condoms' to $150 leather cases (By vaja).. and they'd all be too thick\bulky\restrictive for the already-thick N900. So I'm just gonna use it nude, with a good matte screen protector, unless I go 'outdoor'.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
^You might want to see whether anywhere in Germany carries the Golla range of pouches. I'm pretty sure they will fit the n900.

(I'm looking at a pouch in the market with Tigger on it for mine)

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector