Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I will keep you updated how the return goes, since knowing NOKIA, they will likely deny the return of my N900. Unfortunately, despite liking the device, I can not connect to my Exchange 2007, due to non provisioning in this device. Without email, N900 is useless to me. Here is what I sent to the customer service:

"I want to return my Nokia N900. Although advertised as having corporate email capabilities, I can not connect to my work email. The problem is that NOKIA N900 does not provide provisioning! I have had no problems connecting to my work with Nokia e51, e71 and e61. I therefore want full refund for the money I spent on this device"

Wish me luck that NOKIA will take it back

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
false (or misleading) advertising??

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Could it be that you just don't know how to set it up?

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
Good luck! But i saw in specifications that ME2007 was supported even in the out-of-box firmware, do you know if ur ME mailbox need some special configuration?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
thats right, it was implemented somewhere along then line.. i remember seening that. different settings than youre used to maybe? or what x61 said??

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Lol. I have used E51, E71 and iPhone, with all working flawlessly. Not with N900

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm not following this issue, but something with Exchange was fixed with the firmware update.

I have Mail2Web set up to my phone which uses Exchange 2007 and it works flawlessly........

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
If you guys care to search on Guber99's many, many posts on this subject you'll easily see what his particular issue is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
I will keep you updated how the return goes, since knowing NOKIA, they will likely deny the return of my N900. Unfortunately, despite liking the device, I can not connect to my Exchange 2007, due to non provisioning in this device. Without email, N900 is useless to me. Here is what I sent to the customer service:

"I want to return my Nokia N900. Although advertised as having corporate email capabilities, I can not connect to my work email. The problem is that NOKIA N900 does not provide provisioning! I have had no problems connecting to my work with Nokia e51, e71 and e61. I therefore want full refund for the money I spent on this device"

Wish me luck that NOKIA will take it back
Yet ANOTHER reason why I prefer even just a KIOSK in the mall, if not a store, for Nokia and a place to return things with a face and a physical presence. What a raw freaking deal. Especially in the US.

Maybe Nokia was just hoping you would wait around for them to get that feature working, despite advertising? Wouldn't be the first time expectations were raised to make us wait and wait...sometimes never delivering. :P Worse still, if you (and Nokia by implication, if they advertised the Outlook integration) were hoping for this to be used in a corporation, the appallingly bad customer service and support is a killer reason NOT to use a Nokia N900 for a company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
activesync, exchange, expectations, fremantle, give 'em hell guber99, i dreamed a dream, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, provisionable, provisioning, return