Active Topics

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
I have just noticed that someone edited my landmark instead of creating a new one . is there any way to lock it or at least revert changes ?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Added to the map N9 black 64 GB.

The Following User Says Thank You to nithin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
I have just noticed that someone edited my landmark instead of creating a new one . is there any way to lock it or at least revert changes ?
I am not sure how that can happen. It is possible that you didn't labelled your landmark properly and typed the details on the main title of the map on the left panel, which is unfortunately being modified continuously by the new additions. I think that once you label your landmark from the dialogue box that pops out of it once you move it to its destination place, those details are cannot modified. I might be wrong. Anyway, in case someone used your landmark, just make a new one and this time try to do it the way I just explained.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
16 gb Black.
Culpeper,VA.
Never seen another around.
Imported from Singapore.

The Following User Says Thank You to geektech For This Useful Post:
All three Sofia, Bulgaria N9's that we had pinned are now gone... Google maps sucks!

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Haha
I'm now pinned 50 miles away from where I'm at...

didnt really know how to do this

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Regarding to the moved placemarks, In most cases where your original placemarks have been moved, it has happened so by accident or by some form of vandalism.

I tried to restore many of those that had their town/city/country in their description by moving them back to their original location, but those that didn't have any geographical description I left them where there were moved. So maybe, some of them don't perfectly match the city where they should be but it is the best I could do.

The good news is that, despite of all those problems due to the intrinsic google map flaws, I still think that the general picture of where most of the N9s are (with some exceptions which I mentioned in earlier posts) is there and it is clear. Also, most of the problems of moved placemarks have happened in the first page and not in all of them.

Anyway, I think we reached a good number already, I will be happy to see the number keeps growing, but I think that we nearly exhausted the population of N9ers who read these forums and that wanted to locate their N9 phones on the map.

for those late arrivals you can still pin your N9 at:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...1f019b930e8621

added 16gb cyan from seville, spain

The Following User Says Thank You to skyleth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Slovakia
Bratislava, Slovakia, 16GB Cyan

The Following User Says Thank You to flipdeep For This Useful Post: