Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by pakarlss View Post
Squeezster is now available for download in the Nokia store.

Symbian:
http://store.ovi.com/content/251147

N9:
http://store.ovi.com/content/251528

I have also made some progress regarding the N900 updates, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for it.

This is unfortunately not planned at the moment. I haven't investigated it deeper, but I would assume it's a big task to make it work.
Great - the search & artist/album handling is looking great in the paid version... Good job!

Thank you!

Thanks for this app!

This is unfortunately not planned at the moment. I haven't investigated it deeper, but I would assume it's a big task to make it work.
Regarding audio playback, in principle it is possible via some workaround: you can access http://ip.address:9000/stream.mp3 e.g. from some internet radio player on N9 and control it via web-interface. This stream also shows up in Squeezter, but it was not very responsive there. Maybe this was since I was not in my home network when I tried.

Another possibility is to run squeezeplay on N9, but I got audio working only as root.(see the sqeueezeplay thread).

Squeezster is now available for download in the Nokia store.

Symbian:
http://store.ovi.com/content/251147

N9:
http://store.ovi.com/content/251528

I have also made some progress regarding the N900 updates, so you shouldn't have to wait too long for it.

Super cool! Everything seems to work perfect. And as for now, I have no more suggestions for improvement! Just perfectly happy! Thanks to pakarlss!!!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
I think it's a good thought. However, I think it is hard to find a practical way of collaborating, since the two apps are written in different languages. I would be happy though to share thoughts and ideas etc.
I haven't really started any porting, and I haven't got the N9 yet.
What I'm currently doing is to move from the CLI interface, and instead use the Json/cometd interface.
just bought your n9 app. absolutely lovely, and worth the money already. great job, way better than what i'd be able to do, i think.

just one thing: playing an album sorts the tracks alphabetically, not by track numbers. i'm sure this is a easy to fix

didn't know about the json interface. will look into that as soon as possible. sounds way easier than the cli.

please let us all know if you ever figure out how to get the device to act as a squeezebox itself.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
just one thing: playing an album sorts the tracks alphabetically, not by track numbers. i'm sure this is a easy to fix
Sorry for not replying earlier. I have been away the last days,
Could you describe how you play the albums? I haven't noticed any issues with albums playing in the wrong order.
I usually go "Show albums > "long press on <album>" > "Play".
Then all songs are listed in the original order in the now playing view.

Actually, Squeezster only provide the album ID to the server, so Squeezster does not do any sorting. Could it be a setting in the server configuration?

About the PR1.2 update:
I just reflashed my phone with the recent PR1.2 update, and the font spacing update makes some things look bad currently. I'll correct those things and issue an update to the Nokia store. It could take 1-2 weeks before the update is available for you.

An update of the N9 version has been posted to the store. Change log:
* PR1.2 font change updates
* Added library rescan option
* Search radios now working

The new version will hopefully pass the QA review and hit the store the upcoming week.

The Following User Says Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
An update of the N9 version has been posted to the store. Change log:
* PR1.2 font change updates
* Added library rescan option
* Search radios now working

The new version will hopefully pass the QA review and hit the store the upcoming week.
Yep, arrived today via update notification... Thanks!

Hi & first thank for the App!

I did an Update for my N900 after the notification, too - but since this update I can not find any of my players (it's the latest LMC) and can't connect to LMC. Opening the Connection Settings I can enter the "WOL" and the "mysqueezebox.com" section - nothing to check or change the adress of my LMC!!??

What went wrong and how can I solve this??

Christian

I guess "mysqueezebox.com" (button) is enabled, i.e. it's highlighted? Then you are in the new mode where you connect to mysqueezebox.com. If you click the "mysqueezebox.com" button, you disable it, and you get the local server settings.

The new N900 version has been reworked a lot under the hood, so it means that your old settings are lost unfortunately. Here's the change log:
* Player switching bug fixed.
* Optimized startup time. Patrik Karlsson 2012-03-10 12:15 UTC
* Completly new communication core, using http access only (no CLI port needed)
* Remote server support (www.mysqueezebox.com)
* Artists browsing improved - now results in albums and titles
* Rescan music library option added
* Use volume buttons as volume control
* Bug fixes

It turns out "mysqueezebox.com" is the default mode, which I consider to be a bug. I could also try make the switch between local server and "mysqueezebox.com" clearer.

I hope you can get started and proceed with this information.

Last edited by pakarlss; 2012-03-12 at 08:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakarlss For This Useful Post: