Active Topics

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
I am slowly getting a reddit feeling here...

Anyway. Quote from the linked wiki article:

Karma is calculated every couple of days, so you will not see the changes immediately. For talk-Karma, it takes a maximum of about 2 days to get updated (currently processing about 600 users per hour). You can keep track of your - and everyone else's - karma here on the profile list page.
Also thank you Javispedro, this a a really great action seeing the insane ebay price.

If anyone is interested in buying one and does not get this one, I found one on ebay kleinanzeigen germany. Be careful, no buyer protection there.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
I am slowly getting a reddit feeling here...

Anyway. Quote from the linked wiki article:

Also thank you Javispedro, this a a really great action seeing the insane ebay price.

If anyone is interested in buying one and does not get this one, I found one on ebay kleinanzeigen germany. Be careful, no buyer protection there.
Is that phone orange?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
okay i linked tmo to maemo and still 0 karma
It may take a week or so for it to update; IIRC there's a cron job that updates Karma.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Why lose? You gain karma when you link the accounts. All the thanks that did not count before the link will be added.
I have merged the accounts a while ago (when vote for council) and now only got 3 Karma...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I have merged the accounts a while ago (when vote for council) and now only got 3 Karma...
Are you sure you did it orderly? Possibly closed site prematurely?
As your maemo.org account does not show it has linked your TMO account!
Same goes for coderus' account.

Have a look at mine/ or any other how it should look like...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2016-08-05 at 18:27. Reason: power cut

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
You certainly have done it wrong, then.

The cronjob (or actually it is not done by cron but a midgard plugin... ) is very slow and takes almost 2 weeks to go around the userbase. However if you have linked your account when tha last Council election was, it would already have processed your account more than once.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Hysteistorical reasons.This website started its life as a bunch of independent sites, maintained by different entities. When it was merged, the merge only created the illusion that it is one website but in reality the forum and the rest of it are still separate, albeit one can create a manual link between the accounts. Should the accounts be joined? Probably. Is it easy to join them? I have no idea.
Indeed, it is weight of our legacy that has brought us into this situation.

Our lovely Maemo environment which started as a bunch of separate servers currently runs as a set of virtual machines inside one server frame, however the machines are quite separate in nature still.

It has been debated for many years already that we should harmonize the account system but that would take a lot of rewriting, if we want to port this hairball under a more modern environment....

The current system is a pain to maintain but it is the best that our resources allow us to have.
Feel free to volunteer for refactoring & porting task! If we get enough competent people to help, why, it even might be doable

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
This Karmasutra discussion is to much for me. ;-)

--
sent with love for peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Interested !
Missed the original signup, but need this for more reasons.
1 continue my work for sailfishOS
2 need dual sim (private/work)

In case I "win" I will donate my J1 to TMO for competitions initiated by council (or board)
Sadly I ended up not being able to buy this.
So I will need to retract from this great offer by Javis

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
@nieldk I am sorry to hear, hope the future will become better.

Under this circumstances I am fealing a little bit bad but in the end I was the lucky one.

I got the Jolla C from Javispedro, it arrived in one piece and is working nice and you can't see the two day usage. What I can say is, that it is really useful to have the device you develop for and makes more fun.

Thank you so much Javispedro and sorry for the post troubles (in the time of terror....it is better you send with TNT oh no my bad it was fedex).

Already found a load/save bug in ti85emu and will add Jolla C support. Stay tuned update will come shortly on openrepos.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: