Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Noord-Holland, Netherlands
I just install the new fmtx how can i see if the fm transmitter power is @120 because i dont think it is. i think it still on 80 and healthcheck doesn`t work fot the fm transmitter i dont see nothing just a blue screen. can somebodyhelp me

thnx in advance

I skipped by mistake the step where I had to install fmtx faker and it works perfect without it , I don't think fmtx faker it's necessary .

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2011-06-19 at 23:05.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I've made a deb file for those who are interested. This is more or less my first time creating one and it will only work with PR1.3.

This deb requires python2.5 to be installed along with rootsh and profilesx.

FMTX-MaxxiLimit_0.1_armel.deb

I should also mention that running such deb file means that you have agreed to the fact that I am in no way liable whatsoever .

Last edited by tuxsavvy; 2011-07-04 at 10:28. Reason: disclaimer added. I don't want people complaining to me :)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Gill T View Post
I just install the new fmtx how can i see if the fm transmitter power is @120 because i dont think it is. i think it still on 80 and healthcheck doesn`t work fot the fm transmitter i dont see nothing just a blue screen. can somebodyhelp me

thnx in advance
the devel version just has a blank unfished placer screen for it, however the version in extras should work fine. (Hence that version still being in devel )
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
I skipped by mistake the step where I had to install fmtx faker and it works perfect without it , I don't think fmtx faker it's necessary .
The faker app only enables fine tuning from 0 to 9 (instead of only odd numbers).

Also, what kind of limitation is mentioned in the second part of the fix? I thought enabling the range was already a "limitation fix"?

I think I have the same issue with the transmitter only transmitting with 80. Since I exchanged fmtx with the modified 1.3 I have to have my phone much closer to my car antenna. Any clues as to why this is the case?

Edit:
When I plug in USB to charge the phone, reception by my car radio gets even worse. Shouldn't the modified fmtx transmit with the same power (120) all the time, regardless of USB or headphone connection status?
Btw. I'm using "fmtxd PR1.3" modified by Jacekowski from posting 3 in this thread.

Last edited by daniel_m; 2011-10-13 at 12:54.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
can't get it to work and tried to restore the original fmtxd-file but says still : FM-transmitter can not be used. I tried the older fmtxd1.2 and the fmtxd1.3 but neither didn't work or i messed up something.

To be honest the later fits better to this situation..

What to do? thanks in advance !

Thanks! fmtxd version 1.3 worked very easily (just copied the file in /usr/sbin, nothing else)! The instructions make it seem like a harder task.

N900 is a good music player for places without AUX connector. Hoping to get an fmtxd for N9, too someday...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Hi!
Excuse me my broken english.
I use to apply this hack to system and fm-transmitter working very good. But problem is fm receiver doesn't work now!
c fm radio shows "null" in the center of screen, q-radio ask me to put headphones before starting and after putting it show popups about switching bluetooth in loop. After closing q-radio sound is disappeared from the system till reboot.
What to do?

This is kernel-power related problem.
rm /lib/modules/current
ln -sf /lib/modules/`uname -r` /lib/modules/current
Radio works now.

Last edited by OMOIKANE; 2012-02-25 at 15:16. Reason: Problem resolved

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm