Even in middle east its available!
Attached Images

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Who gives a f*.
We've a great device, great community and great devs.
Buy a second device just to keep the momentum.
Thanks and goodbye Nokia!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Who gives a f*.
We've a great device, great community and great devs.
Buy a second device just to keep the momentum.
Thanks and goodbye Nokia!
Probably you don't understand that if the community is here is due to Nokia's devices first of all.

But I agree: the recent shift in the events will make the developers interested in developing for Linux platform jump on Samsung's band-wagon in the next 3-5 years, as soon as the current N900-N950 and N9 devices will become obsolete.
And whenever this shift will happen good old Nokia will be gone for good because the dev community around here is the one that is currently making 90% of the work supporting these beautiful devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to ombre For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ombre View Post
It means they might have some stock left.

But as of both N9, N900 as well as the N950, the status is that the production has been ceased, meaning that no new units are pushed out and what's available has been already allocated (N950), sold (N900) or stocked and offered at low price-point to clear them out (N9).
last year they were sending out N8s as replacements of N900s (e.g. with defective USB port) under warranty...
why would they have done that if they still had stock?
other possibility is that they had returns from leasing contracts with companies & refurbished them with (new) spare parts

N9, low price?
think again...
i think the demand for the N9 is still very strong, stronger then for Lumias, especially for the 64GB model...
e.g. L800 white : € 415.-
N9 16GB Magenta: € 439.-
L800 black : € 369.-
N9 16GB Black: € 377.-
L900 Black or White: € 499.-
N9 64GB (Black): € 639.-

what was your top model, again?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Probably you don't understand that if the community is here is due to Nokia's devices first of all.

But I agree: the recent shift in the events will make the developers interested in developing for Linux platform jump on Samsung's band-wagon in the next 3-5 years, as soon as the current N900-N950 and N9 devices will become obsolete.
And whenever this shift will happen good old Nokia will be gone for good because the dev community around here is the one that is currently making 90% of the work supporting these beautiful devices.
Not all of the developers will switch to Tizen.

I'm speaking for myself here, but when/if Maemo/MeeGo die off, and no new devices are produced, I won't move to Tizen.

First of all, if I wanted a web-based system, I would've gone with webOS, and second, the system is still new, it needs time to mature, MeeGo had about a year or two before it reached its state, and it still had its quirks.

The only alternatives would be Android and iOS, and tbh, I prefer the latter, the main coding language is Obj-C, which I like better than Java.
And second, I find the jailbreak community more professional in terms of method of release and the fact that jailbreaking patches stuff, which is legal, whereas on Android there's custom ROMs, which you'll be swapping between every now and then to stay up to date with the latest version.

But hey, there's still time for Maemo

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Dont get me wrong here, I understand completely.
But hey, have had my share in feeling bad and angry about elop's decision... But that's over

or not...
they are still more OS201x devices in the pipeline from NOKIA, just a matter of patience.
and then there is... the next billion with Meltemi devices.
most likely with Aegis squared respectively without any SDK or any such possibility, at least from factory, but as it will be build on Harmattan & Co, it may still be possible to hack 'em
hardware wise, it can't be much worse then N9 now, can it?

Mine brand new N9 64GB (Black) for around € 453 with 2 year warranty (extended), bought just 10 days back.

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
or not...
and then there is... the next billion with Meltemi devices.
Well, this is not the place where to share thoughts on that topic.