Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I have found that played episodes often still show as unplayed when using the stock media player (using 2.12).
Ok, as there have been several reports about this in the last few weeks, I decided to remove that feature for only marking episodes as played after MAFW sends a playback position: http://gpodder.org/commit/74dea8a7

Now it works like this:
  • Episodes are marked as played as soon as playback is started (the highlight - blue in the default theme - is removed)
  • Position information is still only updated when playback is stopped/paused
  • The "finished" status of episodes is still calculated based on the playback position and thus not affected by this change

This fix will be part of the next gPodder release.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I have the same problem as reported by others. Launched from Gpodder and using the stock media player, some episodes remains 'not played' even when it has been played from the beginning till the end.

After Nokia moved to WP7, Maybe I'll buy and Android. I hope that gpodder team will devlelop on this platform.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I have the same problem as reported by others. Launched from Gpodder and using the stock media player, some episodes remains 'not played' even when it has been played from the beginning till the end.
This sounds like bug 11811 to me. If it is, it was fixed by commit edd144d766, which is included in gPodder 2.13 If not, please provide the URL to the feed and the name of the episode for which this happens, so I can test it locally and hopefully fix the bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
In latest update the Download screen does not show any progress after a few seconds. I had 3 eps of 3 podasts queued. It showed the first ep go to 1% then no more updates while it was still downloading (I could follow that in conky). It did never show any further progress and didn't remove the eps from the queue. After I was sure it stopped downloading, I restarted gpoder. Then the Download window was empty and the eps shown as downloaded in the episodes views.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
In latest update the Download screen does not show any progress after a few seconds. I had 3 eps of 3 podasts queued. It showed the first ep go to 1% then no more updates while it was still downloading (I could follow that in conky). It did never show any further progress and didn't remove the eps from the queue. After I was sure it stopped downloading, I restarted gpoder. Then the Download window was empty and the eps shown as downloaded in the episodes views.
With "latest update" you mean 2.13? There wasn't any change in the download display code (apart from a different icon, but that doesn't change the behaviour). Can you reliably reproduce this problem? Were you downloading YouTube channels? Sometimes, YouTube downloads lock up the UI a bit, because the download URL has to be resolved by scraping the website, which is done in the main thread.

Version is 2.13 but it is possible that the problem is not new as I rarely look at the download screen. I only opened it coz I noticed the download button showed Idle/Leerlauf instead of 3 aktive/aktiv.
All three podcasts are normal rss/xml audio podcasts, no youtube.
The problem seems to only occur when autodownloading new episodes. Thus I can only make further tests when new eps are out.

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-02-21 at 11:46.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
All three podcasts are normal rss/xml audio podcasts, no youtube.
The problem seems to only occur when autodownloading new episodes. Thus I can only make further tests when new eps are out.
Ok, please test it then with auto-downloads, and if it happens only then, file a bug report on http://bugs.maemo.org/ against Extras/gPodder and mention how to reproduce the issue, and I'll have a look at it Thanks!

OK will do when next eps are out.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Ok, please test it then with auto-downloads, and if it happens only then, file a bug report on http://bugs.maemo.org/ against Extras/gPodder and mention how to reproduce the issue, and I'll have a look at it Thanks!
It happened again today after not happening last week. My podcasts are weekly so I check every monday.
All I did was check for new eps with auto download enabled.
It found 2 eps and started downloading. I noticed the idle/Leerlauf on the Download button immediatly. I went to the Download screen and progress was stuck at 1% at the first download while it was still downloading. I had to restart gpodder to get the progress/completion noticed by gpodder. The podcasts are normal xml/rss/mp3 podcasts.
Sorry I report it here have no time to learn filing bugs atm.

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing