Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
What do you think of becoming highly allergic to hardboard, you know, the brown stuff the back of all closets are made of and which is used on allmost everywhere? Been sick now over four months, two antibiotics eaten, lungs and cheeks xrayed, blood tests etc. Now finally got solved what it is, and it is hardboard. I just need to be in same room with it and cheeks get pressure, throat start aching, filled with green stuff. I have not been living at home where it was worst for two weeks. One week at my parents home but became too bad, now at my sisters place for a week but it is too bad here too. Today informed I have to quit my job where it is everywhere used and have to re-educate for outdoor work and tomorrow gonna move to live in a tent at our balcony so that I can be close to my family. I became deadly sick before I left my home but now it is better and the good thing is I know what affects the symptoms.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don’t know what a hardboard is, but assuming it’s part of the wall and completely different than a longboard.
Sounds terrible, living outside of your own house. I hope you will find a cure.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2024-04-10 at 17:20.

Found at last from my friends summer cottage a place without hardboard. Hoping that I will wake up indoors first time in almost half a year not sick. One hour drive from my home.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don’t know what a hardboard is
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
you know, the brown stuff the back of all closets are made of
It sucks if it's really that you are allergic to. My first thought was that it was maybe some mould growing on it, which would be resolved easily by treating the mould. But that seems unlikely if you get the reaction at multiple places.

Unless... the mould appeared in one place and YOU unwittingly spread it wherever you go, which might explain why it seems to follow you everywhere.

No. I get reaction almost everywhere. Tried to sleep in two different tents. Got bad throat and pressure on cheeks on both of them but no green stuff as with hardboard. Both tents are 100% polyester and checked that my trousers were 100%, jacket 100%, and almost everything I was wearing has it. Just to exclude possible causes changed to wear wool and cotton only.

I hoped I could get back home and went to watch one part of a serie with my wife. Haven't been able to watch together for two weeks which I have been away from home trying to find a place where I won't wake up sick in the morning. One hour and got bad throat and awful pressure on cheeks. Now starting the third night sleeping in our car, Kia Sportage, not made for sleeping. Two mornings have headed straight to warm at swimming hall sauna. But now I have to matresses and two blankets so there is hope this will be a better night. Have not got over four hour sleep in five nights. Tomorrow a doctor appointment.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think we have to ask ChatGPT until we have an alien remedy. Maybe it’s sinusitis. This thread have a massive knowledge base, about all things, but in this case I guess you should talk to a professional doctor in that area, and maybe you can do some tests. I hope the Doc can help!

Sleeping in the car sounds even worse than a tent. I hope you find a way to live well. Take care.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; Yesterday at 21:06.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson