Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Sorry 4 slightly offtoping, but is transparent interface of Chinook means some graphix acceleration? Or are there any moves or even thoughts bout this theme? T u.

Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Sorry 4 slightly offtoping, but is transparent interface of Chinook means some graphix acceleration? Or are there any moves or even thoughts bout this theme? T u.
I think i read somewhere that transparency is done by cpu only - no acceleration.

Originally Posted by zeez View Post
I think i read somewhere that transparency is done by cpu only - no acceleration.
This is the only thing that is driving me crazy. I want an N810 so very badly but I don't want to get bitten again. If it never comes along and the N900 supports the video hardware I would be extremely upset.

The screen tearing is very obnoxious, especially when I'm dragging a webpage with the stylus. To top it off, if there is hardware accelleration I'm sure Nokia (or OSS developer) could provide the inertia scrolling I so dearly want on the ITs.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Am I the only one who was holding out for a release of 2008OS for my N800 today?
on a side note any one know if canola will run on it?

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
my cousins, uncles, step-daughters, half-brothers, pet-rocks-first-owner, second grade teachers has an insider who knows that the update will be on the 11th. for sure. you can bank on it. and anyone who doesnt believe me can feel the wrath of my tongue-lashings.

</euchprof imitation>
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
That's a Sunday.

I don't think Finns work on a Sunday.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Most Finns work from monday to friday, usually from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

I'll bet november 16th (friday) or 19 th (monday)

Last edited by jmk; 2007-10-26 at 18:38.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by brendan View Post
my cousins, uncles, step-daughters, half-brothers, pet-rocks-first-owner, second grade teachers has an insider who knows that the update will be on the 11th. for sure. you can bank on it. and anyone who doesnt believe me can feel the wrath of my tongue-lashings.

</euchprof imitation>
Oh man, let's not start that again.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by ericdkirk View Post
Am I the only one who was holding out for a release of 2008OS for my N800 today?
on a side note any one know if canola will run on it?
Canola should run on it just fine if it's been ported to run on IT2008. Seeing that the guys that made it work for Nokia, I'm pretty sure we'll see it available when IT2008 is released.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
Bear in mind that some of us are actually buying N800s in light of the new OS (yes, that's N800, not N810 ). The proposed speed boost convinced me to trade in my 770.

But to confirm -- OS2008 will be a firmware update for the 800 and not a Hacker's Edition...?