Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
# Things that do not work properly so far (got it yesterday evnening and barely used it at work today, so experience not quite extensive):

1. Can't use SSH through USB, works properly through WiFi (easier than on N9, by the way);
What's your issue? USB interface not showing up after selecting developer mode?

Did you set up the USB ip etc on your laptop/pc?

On Mac OSX you need the Horndis driver since Apple does not think supporting industry standards is needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
UI issue: if you have home screen with e.g. one page and a half of apps, and you want to remove one of those at the end of the list (which will be shown in the middle of the screen), if you tap-and-hold on the icon, when the screen changes mode to allow deletion, all the icons are redrawn aligned to the bottom of the screen, and your finger will be on top a totally different app than the one you want to delete.
The issue doesn't show on the first page that is completely full with app icons.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Jolla should focus on make important stuff stabilized first:
So IMHO below can be:

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
# Things that do not work properly so far (got it yesterday evnening and barely used it at work today, so experience not quite extensive):

1. Can't use SSH through USB, works properly through WiFi (easier than on N9, by the way);
AFAIK this is fully opensource so and can be done by the community?

2. MMS;
Dissagre. Few use MMS this days, better community do it:

Those intrested should consider send a phone to Frals he probadly willing fix it

3. search by terms in eMail app;

4. apps and connection switch buttons set as favorites in the Settings application accessible from another - more convenient - place (plus it would allow closing the settings app), like from a swipe right to left on the multitask view (and let's say the left to right swipe is dedicated to ambiences, instead of both directions);
for me wifi/3G should be accessible for pulleymenus in the lockscreen? Btw was not that the original plan to make that pulley menu customable?

5. a way to show multiple pages of 9 covers, either by a special gesture or a page number that could be clicked or scrolled, perhaps using the gesture for favorite ambiences that would be easy enough to chose from a pulley menu on the lock screen;
No no dont make it more complex. Leave as is for now.

6. I see no pulley menu to change ambiences from the lockscreen, thought it was there in the videos;
True but def not important IMHO.

7. flasher!
Agree

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
One issue I found: set Alarm at, say, 7.40am and it shows as set at 8.40am albeit it properly fires off at 7.40am

I'm in the UK.

And to add to Point 4 above, the quick access bar (i.e. the four quick apps available from the Task Manager) also disappear when you scroll to the app list. It'd be nice to have them show as well.
Just a notice:

Alarm works as expected in sweden atleast (+1 from finland)...

We've had two updates, but still lacking landscape mode:

Originally Posted by robnas View Post
The native browser lacks a landscape mode.
(made this post more than 2 weeks ago)

This is a serious issue, it's part of basic functionality on a mobile browser...
Any idea when this issue will be solved?

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
i didn't see FB messages.. in the messages menu there is only New Message.. poor functions
and for receive whatsapp messages i need the app opened
why jolla haven't done some important app by his hand?? (like skype, whatsapp ecc..)
Because you cant even be sure Nokia did skypeapp/Whatsapp it may very well have been outsourced. Now I ask you, were should Jolla get the money to make those apps? They first need to make the core functionality working and stable and THEN if the have money left fokus on more apps. but atm this can only be expected from third party or android repositorys...

Originally Posted by michdeskunk View Post
others missing or issue:
- wap connection runs alone without a user request
- in camera you cannot zoom in/out, hideous
Zoom can be done after photo taken so definitivly not something important. However focus and move focus point should be prioritezed from Jolla IMHO.

Originally Posted by robnas View Post
We've had two updates, but still lacking landscape mode:

(made this post more than 2 weeks ago)

This is a serious issue, it's part of basic functionality on a mobile browser...
Any idea when this issue will be solved?
This is a missing feature, not a bug, first few updates were supposed to be bug fixes, expect new features from Jan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jsiren View Post
Funny behavio(u)r on low battery (<10%). Operation slowed to a crawl (unlocking took so long that I thought it had already died until it beeped). Screen update slowed down and halted so that at one point the screen remained for several seconds alternating horizontal bands of black and the image that had been on screen. Apps running: Messages, Clock, Calendar, People. Charge was 8 to 9% at the time.

Edit: instant recovery when power was applied.
true, below 10% jolla begins to slow down, freeze a bit or something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Zoom can be done after photo taken so definitivly not something important. However focus and move focus point should be prioritezed from Jolla IMHO.
AFAIK manual focus is only supported by Lumias atm, so while a cool feature no idea why would anyone prioritize it IMHO