Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
cgarvie those are some pretty cool levels you have there :-)

for the pyramid one it took me ages to get it in 1 bird but I managed it :-)Scored 52460

OhPiggywhereArtThough is a very sneaky level I like it.

managed to work it out without looking at your code too :-)
1 bird required. 51150 :-)

keep up the good work :-)

I'm gonna try and work out how you did you round the wood balls, if you find dynamite or the other 2 birds please let me know :-)
The wooden ball is wood object 7 i think in that file. in fact i think i called it ball. so should be easy to find in the code.

and yeah pyramid was designed with that in mind. i had the balls closer to start with but i just could not do it in 1 go. but on shot one i nudged one ball and on second shot got them both going, so i knew to move them apart. it migth have been possibel originally but a lot trikkier

And i just loved OhPiggywhereArtThough

Levels are great. my scores are above.
One comment though is that some of your piggies are actually not sitting on the platforms correctly so when the level starts they drop down a tiny bit and some of them are getting injured before you actually fire your first bird.

Otherwise awesome stuff :-)

Ah yeah. idecided to just leave them as it didnt matter on that level.But at one point in Drop. i had the wodden slats vibrating, and on occasion it would just kill one pig without doing a thing

Cool my next level is ready.

took loads of tweaking and loads of playing to try and finish this level in 1 go. My max score is 42910.

good luck and enjoy.
Any comments are always welcome :-)
Attached Files
File Type: txt bounceleftnright.txt (12.6 KB, 192 views)

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to stobbsc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
cant see them ever being in repositories. Thats beyond me.
The traditional approach to this sort of thing in Linux distributions is to release the stuff/code in whatever form you feel most comfortable (though tarballs would be good), and let someone else worry about the packaging.

It would help to have some clarity on the licensing of the new levels; anything that's a modified version of an original level is probably not going to be distributable, but anything that's original probably would be. It would make the position of potential packagers easier if you could slap a suitable licence statement on them, preferably using a well-know Free software licence. That way any packages could just pick up the licence from the level files themselves.

Originally Posted by ewan View Post
The traditional approach to this sort of thing in Linux distributions is to release the stuff/code in whatever form you feel most comfortable (though tarballs would be good), and let someone else worry about the packaging.

It would help to have some clarity on the licensing of the new levels; anything that's a modified version of an original level is probably not going to be distributable, but anything that's original probably would be. It would make the position of potential packagers easier if you could slap a suitable licence statement on them, preferably using a well-know Free software licence. That way any packages could just pick up the licence from the level files themselves.
Mikka , care to comment, i know your happy with us creating them, what about packaging them up.
Totaly your call. I know your hopping to integrate custom levels, so dont want to step on toes.

Just stop me if im doign somthing your not happy with. but hopfully ive understood you rigth and youve been happy with my Fake pack2. Is packaging up more than that ok, or just leave it at tar file in this thread.

The biggest issue is that before we provide any officially supported way for playing user created content you will need to overwrite our levels with modified files. As far as I know two packages can't contain same file so that would create a conflict, preventing the latter package from being installed altogether. I fully support you making custom levels and sharing them but I can't really give my approval for making a package that installs in /opt/rovio/ hierarchy breaking our own level packs.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
I think I found a bug or something wierd going on.

On this level that I am busy building while testing I notice that if you know the top wooden ball and it rolls towards the end of the screen, it actually hits something invisible?? so instead of dropping down to the piggy, it gets stuck or bounces in mid air.

Could someone test this and confirm what I am seeing...

P.S I still managed to finish it in one go, but I'm not sure I want to continue building this level if I can't fixed the invisible object :-(
Attached Files
File Type: txt InvisibleObject.txt (9.2 KB, 155 views)

My Blog

Hi Miika,

I know this a lot to ask and probably gonna be a NO, but worth asking.

Is there any chance that Rovio could supply us with a list of the various objects that can be used?
e.g small box, long box, dynamite etc etc.
Or is this simply something we going to have to work out ourselves?

Also just wanted to check if anyone is actually working on a gui for a level editor?

My Blog

Hi Miika,
Is there any chance that Rovio could supply us with a list of the various objects that can be used?
They are all listed in the blocks.lua file.

Also just wanted to check if anyone is actually working on a gui for a level editor?
We have plans regarding an official level editor but I can't promise or even give any details yet before we finalize our plans.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
They are all listed in the blocks.lua file.

We have plans regarding an official level editor but I can't promise or even give any details yet before we finalize our plans.
Thanks for the reply :-)

My Blog

Tags
angry birds, level editor