Active Topics

Hello,
One thing I do a lot in my home network is browse the shared folders of my PC's (x2), my laptop, my xbox and my Nas. For instance, if I'm on my laptop, I can go through the NAS and insert a photo into an email, play a movie, copy between computers, etc etc.

With the n900 in my hands now, it is one thing I would love to be able to do also.

Can someone enlighten me on the options if any?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, Texas
I don't see evidence of an ongoing project to support it. In previous tablets there was minimal support, but it was removed for Fremantle. You can see why here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=384379

There is NFS support in the kernel, if that is any consolation, along with UPnP.

Ok, cool. I can switch on NFS on my NAS box. But not being very familiar with NFS....will the path be picked up automatically by my n900 or do I need to go 'under the hood' to see/access this protocol?

come on, this is exactly what i want to hear, I have a NAS as well and thanks to twonky i can only access the default shared folders, i need access to the shares i created, not getting anywhere on searches, so some one give us a little help (hope that bumped this up a bit lol)