Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
just used CLEAR DEVICE option... that done the trick =/ incepting and overclocking back again -.-

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
It looks like some files or filenames can bomb tracker's file system miner.

Run as user:

tracker-control -S
(note capital S)

This shows the status of miners. If it says that the file system miner is disabled by the plugin you have a faulty condition.

You can then check:

tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog

This would show last error messages, and it shows actual files that could not be indexed anymore.

Remove the album that has the problem. I don't know if the reason is too long path, some characters in the names or the actual content of the mp3's but it came down to a individual album I had to remove.

After this you can reboot the phone (if unplugging the phone or starting the music application does not start the miners) or try starting the miners by hand typing

tracker-control -s
(Note minor s)

Running

tracker-control -F

shows the current status of the tracker miners. File system miner should go all the way to 99% or 100% and change to 'idle' when the indexing is over (it should not take very long to index some 5 gigs of music).

Edit: Do not blindly trust what /var/log/syslog says; When tracker meets broken files, at some point it dies completely and the rest of the innocent files will get rejected too with errors.

After testing I found out that my tracker problem was caused by several broken MP3s, however the first file mentioned in the log was not at fault.
I had to go through them one by one, and while some of the files listed were clearly broken, there was one MP3 that had visibly nothing wrong with it and it played without problems on computer. No copying or renaming it helped to get it recognised in N9. When trying to add that to MyDocs/Music, sometimes it just got ignored by music player with error message in syslog, and sometimes it killed the mining process.

Example of the error message in the /var/log/syslog:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 5 17:43:14 (2012) tracker-miner-fs[4010]: GLIB WARNING ** Tracker - Got extraction DBus error on 'file:///home/user/MyDocs/Music/Chris%20Isaak/Beyond%20The%20Sun/My%20Baby%20Don't%20Love%20Me%20No%20More.mp3': GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)

Aug 5 17:43:14 (2012) tracker-extract[4111]: GLIB MESSAGE Tracker - Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/user/.config/tracker/tracker-extract.cfg'

Aug 5 17:43:14 (2012) tracker-extract[4111]: GLIB MESSAGE Tracker - Loading defaults into GKeyFile...

Aug 5 17:43:14 (2012) tracker-extract[4111]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Tracker - tracker_file_get_size: assertion `path != NULL'failed

Aug 5 17:43:15 (2012) tracker-extract[4111]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Can't set invalid URI '( ' on tagreadbin element discoverer-tag

Aug 5 17:43:15 (2012) tracker-extract[4111]: GLIB WARNING ** Tracker - Call to gupnp_dlna_discoverer_discover_uri_sync() failed: No URI specified to play from.

~ $
This helped me allot. After I found, that my Radiohead music was corrupt I deleted it and restarted everything as you wrote here. Thank you so much.

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
It looks like some files or filenames can bomb tracker's file system miner.

You can then check:

tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog
That little tip sorted me out, thanks very much for that.