Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Ahhh so the iplayer was in the editorial review - in which case it is probably total nonsense. There were early reports and reviews saying n900 had java, too. Not everyone who writes a review has actually handled the device, sadly.

The fifa 10 game looks a good prospect if you're into that sot of thing - I'd expect that to show up in the ovi store before long.

No, that promo is from Stuff; they are the ones giving away freebies and holidays. Nothing in the actual promo was anything new anyway.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-01-09 at 20:46.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I'll write some stuff that will get me tagged as fanboi.

Uploaded pictures seem like they are from badly written review/opion piece. Crappy journalism without any fact checking but not false advertisement.

Website looks like it's created by media outlet that has gotten some free stuff from Nokia to use as prizes for their readers.They then set one of their unpaid uni-student trainees to quickly set up website for promoting the competition and stuff that was set as a prize.

Actually I think that Nokia might have some responsibility, as they should have checked what their free stuff was being used for, but is it false advertisment by Nokia? Propably not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
"Website looks like it's created by media outlet that has gotten some free stuff from Nokia to use as prizes for their readers.They then set one of their unpaid uni-student trainees to quickly set up website for promoting the competition and stuff that was set as a prize.
"

you shouldnt say things like that- its ridiculas, it was done by a marketing company, IF as you say this was done by stuff why did they rate it 3 stars. there was no prize- and if there was one it would have been included in the review- you talk some serious trash.

this add was paid for by nokia. end of story(or at least the content was from nokia)

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2010-01-09 at 21:32.

well. my opnion is that this advertising feature was probably in colaboration with nokia. but they shouldn't advertise things that aren't available, the N900 is available with vodafone online only at the moment, they will be getting it in stores soon. so as I've previously said i would expect ovi to be available for a handset that is about to go national. they should just make the advert clearer by mentioning 'soon to be available'

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
you shouldnt say things like that- its ridiculas, it was done by a marketing company,
No it wasn't done by marketing company. It was done by Stuff, which is, according to information provided by the site, is a media outlet owned by Haymarket Creative Media. Haymarket Creative Media, again according to information provide by their site, is not a marketing company. They are magazine publisher that publishes Stuff (http://www.haymarket.com/home.aspx)

there was no prize- and if there was one it would have been included in the review
This makes absolutely no sense. http://n900.stuff.tv is a site created to promote N900 competition by Stuff.tv. The prizes are very clearly promoted. DId you even check what I was writing about? And why would the competition in magazine be mentioned in the review? They clearly have very low journalistic standars, but not low enough to include the competition within the review.

Just about everything about the site cryes out aloud that it's not a Nokia site. Just a magazine that has gotten freebies from Nokia to use in competition. There is no Nokia logo, no "Connecting People", the legal statement about the competition doesn't mention Nokia or finnish law as does the official multi-national competitions promoted by Nokia.

i still think that nokia must be aware of it. but then i guess they must have better things to be doing than policing every magazine for advertising features

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
rauha stuff tv slated this phone in a review. all the info on the site would have been from nokia..

but yep i am kinda coming around to what you are saying its all about the comp to nyc..

so i admit there is no deffinite that this was nokia at all.. although some of the content is embellish and some not true..

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2010-01-09 at 22:15.

rauha stuff tv slated this phone in a review. all the info on the site would have been from nokia..

but yep i am kinda coming around to what you are saying its all about the comp to nyc..

so i admit there is no deffinite that this was nokia at all.. although some of the content is embellish and some not true..
Well you have no actual proof that Nokia provided any of the information. Now if there was to be Nokia website content actually contained within that site - I would be perhaps a little more persuaded.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
o.O FIFA10 on N900?!

Originally Posted by bbns View Post
o.O FIFA10 on N900?!
so the advert says, believe it when i see it.

Tags
magazine, marketing vs reality, n900, ovi, ovi store, store, stuff, stuff magazine