Active Topics

Well I'm not a happy camper. Was listening to a podcast went to make a call saw multi colored lines on screen. Had to immediately pull over. When seen at an angle there are 2 cracks along the screen. Not sure how this could have happened as I didn't so much as rub against anything. Hell, I was listening to a podcast. Had to pull the battery to stop it. Crap. Wonder what this will cost to fix. There isn't so much as a scratch on the phone. No impact is apparent. Damn I have an invisible shield on the screen. Unlike most breaks I've seen where the cracks spread from a point of impact, these 2 are on opposite sides. Reminds me of when you take a glass from the freezer and add something too warm and it explodes. Not even suggesting that this is what happened, but I am at a total loss for what could have happened. Sigh. At least 10 days sans my n900. Gotta make due with a keyboardless mytouch 3g. So much for using the phone with my work gloves on. Hell I'm almost to the point where I might shed a tear.
Anyone know what it will cost to replace the screen? Or am I better off *gulp* just paying for a new phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Wow thats alot cheaper than i thought it would be.

The bad news is that that site asks for a min. 175$ order.
Did you ask whether this is covered under warranty? If there's no sign of mishandling they should repair it for free

Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
The bad news is that that site asks for a min. 175$ order.
This is true. A few (OK, a lot of) extra styli, maybe a new keyboard and a battery cover, and the guy should be set.

Did you ask whether this is covered under warranty? If there's no sign of mishandling they should repair it for free
Well.. apparently they did fix the idiot damage of the high schooler that posted on the forums a couple of days ago for free... so, I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask. Problem is, proving the phone hasn't been mishandled can be hard at times.