Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Long, "OK, we got it wrong last time" review at C|NET of the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet. Well, not exactly, but at least an "OK, we're coming at this carryaround category from a different perspective this time and that changes things a lot" acknowledgement. Via RingNokia.
Read the full article.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
Read the full article.
As C|Net are notorious Microsoft-whores, so we'll probably see a "paradigm shift" (yet another meaningless epxression) about the UMPC specs from Microsoft soon.

Here's my prediction: Microsoft will announce a Windows-based Internet Tablet Platform, with specs "on paper" that outshine Nokia's in every way; C|Net and the other IT press whores will start waxing lyrically about it immediately, disregarding the fact that there is no actual tangible product at all; over the next six months, this press-whoring will continue, backed up by several astroturf campaigns by Microsoft or their dummy companies, until people actually start comparing the existing Nokia tablets with the Microsoft vapourware sh*t.

Result: End of Internet Tablet and nothing coming from Microsoft.

... Unless we choose not to believe the 4ssh0less from Microsoft and their press shills for once.

MS performs a vital function in the product lifecycle. They give everyone else something to desperately want to outdo... I'd say that we wouldn't have a linux, and thus no N800 / 770, without their massive presence to motivate hackers everywhere...

I'm still waiting for someone to outdo them on tablet PCs, but i suspect it'll come!

And anyway, I've used Windows mobile, it's ********, the 770 / N800 is a much better OS experience.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I am compiling a list of reviews. Reggie: Do you want me to put in your stack of videos here? Others: am I missing any?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by azule View Post
MS performs a vital function in the product lifecycle. They give everyone else something to desperately want to outdo... I'd say that we wouldn't have a linux, and thus no N800 / 770, without their massive presence to motivate hackers everywhere...
You make it sound as if Microsoft are product innovators, or even makers of enviable products. That would be so funny, were it not for the fact that I have the nagging suspicion that you actually believe what you are saying.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I get the feeling azule was posting tongue-in-cheek. Considering his last comment, that makes the most sense IMO.