Active Topics

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
I have tmobile web2go with my n900, I generally use only 150MB or less of data per month.

How much do other people having same plan use? I am just trying to see how much data use would be counted as "reasonable" for the "unlimited" web2go plan?

PS: I know I can get 25$ unlimited plan, but why pay more to tmobile when I can do almost everything with 10$ plan.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ California, USA
I use about 1Gb per month. But I very seldom use tethering

Seems like they have a cap of 5gb a month I went over it once and T-Mobile sent me a warning email and made my internet speed slower.
Punks jaja

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
When I had unlimited plan (70/month) in 2010, I tethered a lot via Nokia PC Suite (now Ovi Suite). I did a lot of video streaming on YouTube and Hulu. I also downloaded massive files as well as online PC gaming on Steam. Sometimes the 3G/3.5G connection was underwhelming and disconnects often because of my heated use of bandwidth.

With their upgraded service nowadays, I'd say 1GB per Day for web2go/Pay-As-You-Go would be more like it! 30MB w/ 3G speed per day before limiting to 2G is just too low. I am a heavy user so I need something more... Is that 25$ unlimited plan right for me? Please link.

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2011-06-03 at 01:38.

so you are having 1GB/day use with web2go :-O???

25$ i think they will not throttle you till you reach 10GB, after that your speed would be throttled by tmobile it seems.

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
so you are having 1GB/day use with web2go :-O???

25$ i think they will not throttle you till you reach 10GB, after that your speed would be throttled by tmobile it seems.
No I don't, but I was just saying that 1GB/day should be the cap for WebDay Pass/web2go users. I'm currently using WebDay Pass/web2go which has a 30MB per day with max speed (4G/3G). After that 30MB has reached they'll limit the speed to 2G.

Where can I find out more information about that 25$ plan? I might consider switching to it and try it out.

// Roth

if you google for tmobile unlimited plan you will get the details.

here is the fine print I believe

############3
10. * Data Plans and Other Features. To provide a good experience for the majority of our customers and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may take measures including temporarily reducing data throughput for a subset of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth. If your total usage exceeds 5GB (amount is subject to change without notice; please check T-Mobile’s T&Cs on www.T-Mobile.com for updates) during a billing cycle, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle. If you use your Data Plan in a manner that could interfere with other customers’ service, affect our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or degrade service quality for other customers, we may suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session
##############

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
if you google for tmobile unlimited plan you will get the details.
##############
If your total usage exceeds 5GB (amount is subject to change without notice; please check T-Mobile’s T&Cs on www.T-Mobile.com for updates) during a billing cycle, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle....
Huh? What happened to the 10GB one like you mentioned earlier?
I need to get it as soon as possible before E3 starts (June 6th). I'll be streaming it while it's live via YouTube.

// Roth

Originally Posted by Roth View Post
Huh? What happened to the 10GB one like you mentioned earlier?
I need to get it as soon as possible before E3 starts (June 6th). I'll be streaming it while it's live via YouTube.

// Roth
I read somewhere they have bumped it to 10GB before they throttle on some of the forum in tmobile and it was confirmed by one of the tmobile forum admin.

Seems if I used sipgate and google voice combination, there is a voice prompt which says i would be charged 9c/min, am not sure who is charging, google voice, sipgate or tmobile? I have doubt that it is tmobile. Can any one confirm that on web2go, sipgate/google voice method works?