Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
is this really the most advanced thing Purism has to show for their Gnome Mobile OS?

Everything is possible with effort, its just a question of how much. I'd expect it will take some time before non-hybris operating systems are usable for ordinary folk
Well I do think it supports dark mode already

But I see it as they are putting in a lot of work that will goes up stream, which will make it easier for others to follow. Then just skin the OS with what ever style you want. And then all the driver stuff.

https://puri.sm/posts/librem-5-august-update/

This in many ways looks like iOS from 1st gen years. I'm just hoping more alternative are successful and stick around so we have more choices.

I hope fx pro1, pine phone, cosmo will be successfully enough hardware that the makers support as many OS as possible and a non apple google future is bright.

xman, steps off of soap box ... lol

x

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
I placed my pre-order and gonna wait for the scandic keyboard layout. But i don't know for how long i can wait
voi voi, i got order number 32590
Good night, yötä.
Really hope that number isn't spoofed. That's very impressive considering how little marketing they've done

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Really hope that number isn't spoofed. That's very impressive considering how little marketing they've done
Any reason to doubt the correctness of that number? That 'little marketing' seems already somewhat reassuring.
The Pro^1 is a pretty unique (HWKB) product, with proven (historic) popularity - Japan!? - and huge (Android ) potential. Quality-wise it's upto scratch; I've not really read/seen any critic which would stop a potential buyer on that aspect.

What blew my mind is not that pre-order number but the professionalism at F(x)tec. Every modification of the Pro^1 seems to me to make the whole project more commercially sound. That in contrast to what I saw with other projects, e.g. the Fairphone - I hope the FP3 proves the contrary.

The investors behind F(x)tec know the(ir) business.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
I don't think it is spoofed... i have "marketing" this since early start that "new precious" gonna be my next phone, for about 50 people so person2person -marketing is working... I think also that everyone here have told their friends about Pro1? And have they told to their friends and others? - Geeks we are...

[edit]
Well maybe not everyone but at least Chen and i
[/edit]
--

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2019-08-22 at 15:55. Reason: more typos etc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
This in many ways looks like iOS from 1st gen years.
All I can say is don't be fooled by GNOME's default theme, Adwaita. On a computer, Adwaita looks just as bland, but that also means it doesn't distract. GNOME can do a lot more visual bells and whistles than that, it just doesn't do it by default. I'm pretty sure Purism will create a theme, or use an existing one, that's a bit more visually interesting. Right now they're only showing off the functionality, not the looks.

Edit: come to think of it, it shares a sizeable amount of resemblances with the Harmattan theme.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
I don't want bells or whistles... Just great simple UI... Main thing is that everything works! -> "Oh, here we have great bells and so on... - What you asked? Bluetooth? No, it is not working... But can't You see our nice Bells!!!!!!"

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I can't wait for what kind of post flood comes when/if people get their device. Hope there comes a thread "Only positive thoughts of F(x)tec Pro1". If I would have mioney and if I would not have faith on Maemo Leste I would certainly buy that phone. And that would be only because it is the right thing to do. Think about it! Chen, a member, a HW keyboard phone with updated specs! Wow! Just wow! I would lift my hat if I would have one. And that he follows THIS thread no matter what has been in it and answers questions. Wow again! Extraordinary dedication!

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Why should it? It's not like i hang here since 2012 and make fake posts

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
Why should it? It's not like i hang here since 2012 and make fake posts
Chen is Spy... Sleeping Spy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Chen is Spy... Sleeping Spy
Hope i wake up tomorrow with a Pro1 with a scandinavian keyboard under my pillow

EDIT: Plus multi-boot

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit