Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Honolulu, HI
Hi,

I've just recently dug my 770 out, and it's not registering wireless connections. I suspect it's some sort of configuration issue, but I suppose it could be hardware.

Anyhow, I know that I modded the kernel, and set it to boot from the microSD card. And I think that there were improvements to the wireless stack, and maybe an updated mplayer.

It was quite a while ago now that I did all those updates -- and I've forgotten most of it.

So, could someone here suggest a path to do the following:

a) reset the device to factory

b) fix the wireless stack

c) improve SD card reads (is this a new kernel?)

d) update Mplayer

e) update FBReader

f) any other improvements (to the OS, or stability) that I've missed

I'd like to revert to booting from main memory, instead of from the card. I'm using Calibre to manage my eBooks, and I'd like to leave the 2GB of microSD as externally accessible.

Thanks for any pointers and suggestions. Some of you folks are wizards, and I expect you could save me a few hours of research and much uncertainty.

m a r

maybe not to 'factory' but if you do a web search for fanoush kernel you should find lots of info on how and where to flash your device to run off the SD card, etc. I believe there was also info on how to have multiple boot options (sd, internal, etc)

once you get the device back up and running then installing the apps should be easy as adding the necessary repositories

hth