Notices

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
The recent thread about Bluetooth tethering an ipad jogged my memory about enabling my XP laptop to use my N900's data connection.

I was unable to get it to work at all. Has anyone managed to achive this? I installed PC Suite, and plugging in a usb cable enables me to use the connection that way fine (though the phone reboots sometimes... ), but whenever I try using bluetooth, I just get errors on the pc that the bluetooth is already in use, even though it isn't.

...I've already installed the bluetooth dun package, btw.

I had some odd problems in that Windows XP would say that the modem was having a hardware issue.

I found that for some reason the Bluetooth DUN doesn't work for me if Nokia Suite is connected to my N900 via Bluetooth. On one occasion I also rebooted the N900 to help.

The Bluetooth DUN connection doesn't go through PC Suite though, you'll need to setup a connection in your Network Connections control panel manually.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Yeah, I just used PC Suite to create the DUN connections for me with the right values

I actually managed to get it to connect earlier a couple of times. It died before I could so much as load Google though. Bit rubbish....Wifi whilst plugged in or USB then I guess...

Tags
bluetooth, d-u-n, windowsxp