Hi guys,

Just pulled the trigger on an n900 to replace the one I sold and miss. Ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-N-Seri...item3a73d1950d

What do you guys think? Figured with the dudes 100% feedback and 149 delivered price what the heck?

After I pulled the trigger two more popped off quickly and there are only 2 left...looks like he only had 9. Square Trade trusted seller.

Edit: looks like they are all gone. Anyone here get one? Looks like they sold on a run shortly after I bought mine. I will report back once I get mine.

Last edited by lstrike21; 2012-04-30 at 20:39.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The only suspicious thing is that it says made in finland. Only N900 prototypes were made in finland. The production ones were made in korea.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
Sounds too cheap they are worth more than that sounds fishy
Powered by blue dream

Nokia N810 32gb
CSSU Stable Latest
Telescope
Turbo Kernel

I sent a message as soon as I purchased asking him to confirm and haven't received a reply yet. Having said that based on his feedback I expect to receive something. He also has a return policy so worst case I will send it back for a refund. Let's see what I get. Hopefully it works out...

On the back behind the screen I recall mine saying something about Finland if memory serves me no (Designed maybe)? My old box I still have laying around for sure says Korea. Maybe seller got confused...

Edit: don't recall a CD in my original n900 box lol...

Last edited by lstrike21; 2012-05-01 at 16:42.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
More than willing to bet it's a refurb. There are tons of reasonable quality refurbs going for this price coming out of HK right now. They all say "new", but are not. Average price for the refurbs are at about $150. If you catch the timing right, you can get one for around $100 sometimes.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
More than willing to bet it's a refurb. There are tons of reasonable quality refurbs going for this price coming out of HK right now. They all say "new", but are not. Average price for the refurbs are at about $150. If you catch the timing right, you can get one for around $100 sometimes.
Do you happen to know what they refurbish?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Well since it is pretty explicit in announcing its new and also from UK not HK I figured I would take a shot. He has a seven day return money back so eh what to lose?

I bought one of these yesterday as well, price was good and they say they even give a portion of sales to The Boys and Girls Club. Said it could take up to a month for delivery though, so I've got awhile to see how legit it is. This will be my first experience with the N900, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
I bought one of these yesterday as well, price was good and they say they even give a portion of sales to The Boys and Girls Club. Said it could take up to a month for delivery though, so I've got awhile to see how legit it is. This will be my first experience with the N900, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Another interesting note is that the seller today sent me an email that has all types of Squaretrade info. Seems hard to believe that he would send a bootleg then direct to Squaretrade to buy a warranty tied to his eBay account. Heres hoping for the best (or wishful thinking). This will be my 4th n900. You would think at some point I would just stop selling or trading them back since they always end up in my hand again.

It can keep my n8, n9 and HTC One X company (hoping to import an 808 at some point but screw the 800+ pricing as of now).

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I just bought a NEW N900 in the store (BelCompany but not in the online store) for €35
It was the last one ofcourse AND still sealed!