Active Topics

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by davbost View Post
This would be so cool! If we could also start and drive the car from our N900 that would be awesome.
Any clifford with intellistart could be used to start the car, it would just be a matter of getting the alarm to take an input from a bluetooth receiver/transponder.

Driving it in the other hand would require you to fit servos to all driving inputs so they could be controlled remotely. I remember top gear converting a smart car into a giant remote control car, so it may be possible. You would of course end up with a car you could not drive yourself though.

A starting point would be controlling a RC car with the N900.

Last edited by James_Littler; 2010-12-11 at 15:58.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i tried recording the IR signal of a citroen ax's remote control using my casio watch and it worked and i was able to open the car without keys..just the watch
haha i had that watch and i did the same thing with my mates citroen saxo. freaked him out, he made me delete it.

Is it the casio CMD-40?

Citroën should be ashamed.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
It is not necessary to fit a whole new unlocking system to the locks etc. They are simply powered solenoids. All that is required is a way to interface the remote unlock radio of the car with the N900; the rest of the unlocking system doesn't care where the signal comes from.

I assume we'd be using the N900's wifi radio?

Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
It is not necessary to fit a whole new unlocking system to the locks etc. They are simply powered solenoids. All that is required is a way to interface the remote unlock radio of the car with the N900; the rest of the unlocking system doesn't care where the signal comes from.

I assume we'd be using the N900's wifi radio?
ok , any programming codes to control wifi/bt ? i think it should be something more complec than wifi/bt as we'll be working on hw level !

things i need : any programming stuff to control any radio waves from the n900 .
a way to capture remote control radio waves ...

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
The N900 is almost heavy enough to smash through the car window, meaning you could use it to unlock the car in a more low-tech fashion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
The N900 is almost heavy enough to smash through the car window, meaning you could use it to unlock the car in a more low-tech fashion.
nice idea , what about the locking procedure ? can it produce glass ??

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
Use the N900 as a wheel chock and the car is effectively secured from theft.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
PR 2.0.2 is scheduled to have the glass production blob (closed source so you can only make N8 Gorilla glass with it). It overheats the battery, you add the sand through the wrist strap hole. I bet someone will be able to hack it so you can make driver side front door window glass. This won't be available in the PRC because of perceived threat to state security.