Active Topics

Ok, I've got the card and I know it works as I have had it running perfectly in my friends HTC Desire. I put it in my phone and all looks well.. It knows it is there, tells me how much space is on it and see's the files I put on but when I try and play anything through media player it says 'media format not supported'. Any ideas greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Chris

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
maybe the problem in format? and how much data have you put there, as there are fake microSD cards as well, i got one fake on ebay

As far as I know, the N900 only supports MicroSD cards up to 16GB...

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
Nope, I have a Sandisk 32GB in Mine, and it works perfectly.

It sounds more likely that the files are in a format not supported by ther media player. I would copy a couple to the device's built in storage and try, and then install the "Extra Codecs" package.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
Officially yes but as far as I know you can use 32Gb cards too.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Officially yes but as far as I know you can use 32Gb cards too.
right, there is topic about supported cards and recommendations, i think OP should try to search it here.

I definitely think the OP should start by testing the same files on another memory card or the internal storage.

If the N900 supports the card, it should also support copying of files from the memory card.

If the N900 can read and write files then the card should be compatible. Of course, a false card may claim a large size but fail to address the last part of the card - but that would also result in failures when copying too much information onto the card. Either the write operations will fail, or the write operations will fold-back and overwrite other information.

I have filled up the card with movies that all work perfectly when on internal hard drive but won't play on the card. When I try it with just one mp3 on there it seems to work. How do I know if the card is fake I got it from ebay and it says it is Kingston but has chinese writing on the pack and says 2008 Kingston but I didn't think 32gb cards were around in 2008?

Also when if the card was really not 32gb how can the pc transfer all the files to it?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Actually, size doesn't matter in this case, as long as it supports MicroSDHC cards all sizes (even 64GBs when they become available one day, which they won't) are supported.