Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Belgium
I have th same problem.

I have Benelux and France 2008.1 maps on my phone.
I now need Germany map: the map on the navicore cd is old (<2007).

I smbd could share the 2008.1 maps ?

Instructions on how to use the map files are available here: http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/

To create a file that you can share, you need to find the map directory which will be under /media/mmc1/map or /media/mmc1/map. The maps will be in a directory called mapdata_France (for France maps. Similar for other maps). You need to create an archive containing this directory and all its content.

If you don't know how to do it on the device, it might be easier to make sure the filesystem is not in use (for example - close the map application), connect the N800/N810 to a PC, the maps will be available on the drive (under directory maps), and you can use your favourite archiving application to create the archive.

Please note that the directory for the currently selected map is not available in this way, so you need to rerun the map application and select a different map in order to have access to this map.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
I have Spain and Portugal 2008.1... [but we need to solve a problem: how to add a map - EDIT:solved by Matan].
Then, I'd suggest putting our maps all together and uploading them to a couple of filesharing servers and a torrent.

Last edited by maacruz; 2010-04-25 at 11:45.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
If a central hosting location, which is legal is created etc, then I can upload the most recent UK map.

Could somewhere on maemo.org be found, as that would seem to make some sense.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
I have Italy, Spain-Portugal, France, Germany-Alps.
I'm uploading them to hotshare.net, it'll take a while.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Just to avoid duplicating efforts, we should keep track of what we already have:
Matan: Central-Eastern-Europe, Germany-Alps, Russia, Scandinavia, UK-Ireland
luca: France, Italy, Spain-Portugal
ppdappda: Benelux

Still to be found: Australia-NZ, Brazil, Canada-Alaska, Greece, Hawaii, Malaysia, Mexico, Middle East, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, USA East, USA West

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
And if somebody has an activated wayfinder expiring in the far far future (say, later than oct 2010), and is willing to share his mac address and the content of /home/user/.navicore/ldb I will gladly take it

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Belgium
I've changed the date of my N810 and started Wayfinder: I got the message about expired licence.
I put back the date to 2010 and Wayfinder was runnig ok.

Even if it's not comfortable, one can change the date before usingg gps and continue to use the software.

Could you test it ?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Just to avoid duplicating efforts, we should keep track of what we already have:
Matan: Central-Eastern-Europe, Germany-Alps, Russia, Scandinavia, UK-Ireland
luca: France, Italy, Spain-Portugal
ppdappda: Benelux
I have Benelux and USA East on my N810, so if it's as simple as zipping up the map directories, I can provide those.

Is anyone able to host the files? USA East is hefty, so I'd prefer to upload it once rather than try to get it to each person who needs it.

Please upload to some file sharing site (megaupload.com, for example). Those usually limit downloads number, time file is saved, etc.
This will allow people who need the files now to use them. When we find a permanent home for those, anyone can upload the files.

A note - it seems that some personalization is saved with the files - favourite places, for example, so if you don't want this, make sure you do not include the files history.txt and favourites.txt in the archive.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.