Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Press the home button twice?

Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Press the home button twice?

Frank
Thanks but that's not how I want to get to my Launcher and it goes against what I would consider efficient use - having to go through one feature to get to another. I've tried it a bit now and really dislike that approach.

Thanks for that though - at least I can get to my apps now.
Is there any way to get the soft-icon back in the status bar to launch Launcher from that?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I don't think wget supports the same GUI that webhttrack does. I got about 13-15 offline sites that I refer to on a regular basis.
There is no gui just:
Code:
wget -r -l 1 website1 website2 website3
wget has many options, you can pause, resume, update. It's not a gui application but would be worth the little effort to learn how to use it.
Anyway you can use personal-launcher on the home screen for webhttrack until this is solved.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
There is no gui just:
Code:
wget -r -l 1 website1 website2 website3
wget has many options, you can pause, resume, update. It's not a gui application but would be worth the little effort to learn how to use it.
Anyway you can use personal-launcher on the home screen for webhttrack until this is solved.
Thanks for the option but I'd much rather prefer to use webhttrack as it's all setup now and is working well.
I'm using personal launcher for the display of the off-line sites I have but I have so far been unable to find a way to, from personal launcher, launch the part of webhttrack that gathers/updates the homepages so I'm a little bit dead in the water there until this bug is fixed.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Mitrandir said there will be a seperate launcher status bar applet you can install. You can add commands to personal-launcher. Try in xterm to write webhttrack and then hit TAB twice to see what options it gives you.

Mitrandir said there will be a seperate launcher status bar applet you can install.
That...would make at least me very, very happy - if that applet also disabled the stupid double-click to get to Launcher

You can add commands to personal-launcher. Try in xterm to write webhttrack and then hit TAB twice to see what options it gives you.
Ok, will try that in the morning. Thanks!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
silvermountain
I'm very sorry about your troubles...
The package with two statusbar applets for telescope and for launcher is almost ready, but it needs a bit of work for debianization and packaging.

But i'm sick now (seems like a flu) and feeling myself so bad. But i will try to get this package done today or tomorrow if i will get somehow better.
Sorry

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
silvermountain
The package with two statusbar applets for telescope and for launcher is almost ready, but it needs a bit of work for debianization and packaging.

But i'm sick now (seems like a flu) and feeling myself so bad. But i will try to get this package done today or tomorrow if i will get somehow better.
Sorry
Don't do ANY work if you're sick man. It's a tablet - not anything to kill yourself over.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
silvermountain

Sorry
Take Zinc. One Tablet

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Not the best advice.

I uninstalled Launcher and the Application launching icon disappeared from the status bar. Luckily I had xterm in personal launcher otherwise I'm not sure what I would had done.

But - there was no longer an option in control panel to select the Launcher to the status bar.

(The icon with the many small blue squares is in the Control Panel but the box to select it is greyed out and can't be selected. Gddamn).

I then un-installed Telescope as well and re-installed it.
Still - no way to put the icon (multiple blue boxes) back in the status-bar.

I install the 9k telescope status-bar applet.
Still no way to put the icon back in the status bar (and this applet seems to just be an alternative way to launch Telescope).

I'm so pissed. I had it exactly the way I wanted and now it's an utter mess and I can't even get to my list of applications.

Is there a way to download the version of Telescope prior to this 'merger' with Launcher and I'll install that and then Launcher separately and, if nothing changes, stay away from future versions of Telescope?

I love Telescope and Launcher - but this merger of the two really messed it up for me.

Request: Can you make a "Launcher Status-bar Applet" that a) places the icon back in the status bar and b) disables that double-click-to-get-to-Launcher?
to fix, open control panel > panels and select 3 entries. Then use leafpad or some other editor to open /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/tasknavigator.conf, there change the applications-menu.desktop entry to true, and one of the others that read true, to false (so that there are only 3 options selected). then go back to the panels settings to arrange the icons are wanted.

the basic problem is that nokia hardcoded the tasknavigator panel to load applications-menu.desktop (understandable, as loosing it means loosing all ability to launch a program under the default install), so anything that wanted to replace it needs to pretend to be it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post: