I've noticed higher power consumption with PR 1.3. As of now, my idle is sitting at around 13-17mA idle consumption. Nothing running in the background. No wireless connections (Wifi or 3.5G). In PR 1.2, I was at 8-9mA. I took these readings after 24 hours of using the phone, since I know it really is going to be high at first, since it will do indexing etc.

Going to recalibrate my battery later (discharge until fully drained, then charge switched off until full) and take new readings. I'll report them back tomorrow.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
One thing that happened that nobody else mentioned (or that I didn't find at least) is that Accuweather was due to an upgrade to version 1.0.19 from 1.0.17 *after* the OS upgrade. I tried it but it said it couldn't go ahead due to some other dependencies needing it.

I did the obvious thing: uninstall it and attempt to install agian from the Store. The store had the old version (1.0.17) and it coulnd't install because it couldn't figure out the dependencies. I'm on Meecast now, so really don't know if the problem has been fixed. I suspect this is a Store/Accuweather issue, but not massive IMHO.

TL;DR: After the update, if you like Accuweather and you have a notification to upgrade and it won't upgrade, don't uninstall, just be patient or wait for further information.

Enjoy PR1.3, for the few bits and pieces that brings with it.

Gabriel

)
Same here, but "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" on Terminal solved this problem for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superjunior For This Useful Post:
Used the Nokia Software Updatererer to do mine. Said it was a 1gig dl? Prob an error but i left it and went to sleep. Woke up to a new baby n9 (with all my apps removed).

Its as smooth as i remember it was when i just got it. No real difference noted yet although i wasnt expecting much.

I just hope my Gmail mail client actually fully refreshes when i want it to and doesnt hang or show an error...

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It's MeeGo 1.2 with PR1.3 on top of it. Not sure where you're getting that the kernel is a mismatch.
From the PR1.3 MOD Compatibility thread:
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
For those with openmode, overclock should still work if you updated OTA. Doing an OTA update with openmode updates everything except the parts that need flashing, and the PR1.2 kernel is compatible with PR1.3.
Compatible implies not identical to me.
I'm no expert, nevertheless trying to understand things. So thank you for enlightening me.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
After the update my Twitter and Facebook apps are not working, though I do get the updates on my 1st home screen and notifications of Facebook ?
The Twitter issue I have solved by installing a different Twitter client (very good one: Tweetian).

Leaves updating to the next Inception and OC app.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Video playback fixed?

PR 1.2 ruined the video playback experience - any video I tried was choppy and stuttery. It annoyed me every time I needed to watch something.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maem...e/td-p/1343833

I haven't updated to 1.3 yet. Can anyone (who has) please confirm that videos (such as the included Dolby one with the girl making funny noises) are now as smooth as previously in PR 1.1?

If you have updated to PR 1.3, please watch a video for a little while and post here. I don't want to really go through the hassle of flashing and reinstalling apps if the video is the same. Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
yup the dolby video works fine now...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Is it only me or does Air UI work a bit better with PR1.3? Shame that that project is a bit stale as I'd love to browse my RSS feeds Jedi style.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Video playback fixed?

PR 1.2 ruined the video playback experience - any video I tried was choppy and stuttery. It annoyed me every time I needed to watch something.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maem...e/td-p/1343833

I haven't updated to 1.3 yet. Can anyone (who has) please confirm that videos (such as the included Dolby one with the girl making funny noises) are now as smooth as previously in PR 1.1?
If you have updated to PR 1.3, please watch a video for a little while and post here. I don't want to really go through the hassle of flashing and reinstalling apps if the video is the same. Thanks!
I'm on PR 1.2 and the video you mentioned is smooth as silk.

For me, Ican't update to 1.3 because I can't find it with Suite, NSU or navifirm.
How come?

Last edited by taviman; 2012-07-05 at 15:36.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
New Nokia Suite 3.5 beta, now with Nokia N9 support

http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta

or Nokia Care Suite

Last edited by MaemoJirka; 2012-07-05 at 16:30.

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert