Closed Thread
No problems with my update, thanks

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I have a problem with the auto updates, so I maually installed maemo11 via xterm.

is it "safe" to do so?

To Mr MohammadAG :
the portrait mode for the media player is still crappy . Is it in project to implement the media player you rewrited a little time ago with nice portrait mode ?
Anyway , thanks for what you do for maemo !

I tried updating the changelog a bit, I'm just a bit unsure about version maemo10 as it is mentioned pretty much nowhere on the forums and bugzilla, so if one of the dev's could shed some light on it that would be great.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MatthiasL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I wonder what the long-term solution for this is, as it would be awkward to keep that version number forever just so the Ovi Store doesn't break.
I don't think maintaining the ovi store is really a long-term concern.

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
there's no real list of changes or announcement mailing list,
this is a bigger problem, imo. can we get a mailing list through maemo.org or do we need to take it to a google group or such?

Last edited by stenny; 2011-02-14 at 16:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to stenny For This Useful Post:
Why don't you guy integrate some of the hildon-desktop patches ?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Why don't you guy integrate some of the hildon-desktop patches ?
Some have been. Read up. Documentation welcome at http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU, or GUI editors of transitions.ini.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
I don't know if these have been asked but I'll ask anyways. I like MicroB. It works just fine for normal browsing but there's two things that I really hate in it. There's no way to close the open window(s) if it's in portrait. Sure, you can end the task with the power-button and select "End current task" but other than that you can't just close the window.

The other one is the fact that we can't use the text-field in portrait either, though that's assumably by purpose (since we can't use portrait-vkb either).

Could these be fixed or is MicroB closed-source?
Ummmm... There's a portrait/landscape qwerty/T9 vkb out already. And has been for a while. It's called FastSMSEvo in the repositories, or something like that. It uses the FastSMS keyboard, and it requires you to have FastSMS installed, but you never have to actually use said FastSMS.

And you can use the text fields in-browser when in portrait (either by sliding out the keyboard just far enough to reach the keys, or with the aforementioned portrait vkb). You just can't use the URL text bar - though that might be what you meant.

I agree with you on the MicroB UI in portrait mode. That's one of the few things that personally annoyed me about the decisions of those working on the N900 - give a stripped version of the MicroB UI in portrait instead of a full one.

Oh, and to answer your question: MicroB is basically Firefox with a different UI. It uses the Mozilla Firefox engine (open source) but the user interface (basically everything you see when you use/interact with it) is closed-source.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Just to chime in and say that I updated to the latest CSSU release at lunchtime, and as with previous releases I have encountered NO issues. Everything is running as expected.

thanks.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Just found out about this today. Why ws I not informed?????

LOL just kidding.

Can't believe I only just spotted this though. Must be loads of people that don't know this thing exists. It is very understandable what the first poster was trying to ask/find out when they just discovered something important was going on. Looks like something very interesting and gives hope for the future with all the microsoft stuff going on with nokia, and the possibility that meego might not be what we all hoped.

Just have to figure out how to actually install this and test it now....
off to read more.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade