This has been a really confusing problem for me, and I still believe there should be a way to fix it instead of reflashing.

After my last flash (full flash with vanilla image) I had trouble with Alarmed, so I uninstalled it and deleted /var/cache/alamd/alarm_queue.ini (to completely remove all settings)

after that I tried to reinstall the app but that folder was never recreated, and ever since when I add a new alarm to the normal n900 clock it disappears on restart, I've tried to recreate that file but it doesn't seem to work, so what could be the problem ?

any help would be greatly appreciated, I still believe I don't have to reflash to solve this

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
I'm not sure if this is possible.correct me if I 'm wrong.
Maybe you can install that "alarm_queue.ini" file manually using winSCP.
Unless somebody here have a better knowledge about this thing?

Last edited by AnasSyria; 2012-03-31 at 11:35.

no need for SSH, I created the file manually on the phone, but still didn't work, first time I copied the file there using filebox and when it didn't work I was afraid it was related to rights, so I deleted it and copied it again using the (cp -p) command to keep read/write permissions, still didn't work

I don't want to flash, but I guess I have to, oh well, might as well try all those funky apps from the Devel repo before that

@ anas : good to see a fellow countryman around, you're the 2nd N900 user I meet around here

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
Originally Posted by ticktock666 View Post

@ anas : good to see a fellow countryman around, you're the 2nd N900 user I meet around here
Nice to meet you too
Do you live in Damascus?

Last edited by AnasSyria; 2012-04-01 at 18:28.