Hi Guys,

SourenAraya, thanks for your latest backup image, it gets us further towards the goal.

I'm working on a further kickstart

There are two issues I'm working on

1. n950 specific packages in nemo:me repo

The issue is that some on the n950 hardware adaptation packages are part of the nemo:mw repo. If you add this into the mic kickstart it conflicts with some parts the jolla version of nemo:mw. What I'm working on is providing a repo which only includes the n950 specific parts of the nemo:mw repo (eg pulse audio config)

2. jolla.common.configs

If this package is included in the kickstart then the /home/nemo directory gets wrong permissions which caused a loop in jolla welcome / language picking

Getting the n950 parts of nemo:mw in the kickstart should sort things like audio/proximity sensor and make the production of a sailfish-n950.tar.bz2 automatic

Again thanks for all the contributions to this effort and again any contributions welcome to

https://github.com/martinbrook/jolla-n950-kickstart

BR

vgrade

Originally Posted by SourenAraya View Post
@mikecomputing
There is no kickstart config, these image build manual way from mer-core image and install sailfish packages on it. Its called "backup image" isnt it? I have no idea how do that with mic because of package conflicts which cannot be resolved by mic itself. In mic we also have BIG trouble with pulseaudio, and i have no idea how to fix.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vgrade For This Useful Post:
Is there tutorial for windows ??

Originally Posted by plourde View Post
I have tried to reflash to factory since i messed up and after the moslo kernel was installed since the partition is different I am having issues reflash since there is a mismatch how can i fix this

Partition table mismatch (start=112672768, sum=104480768). You may want to use the no-preserve option or flash an erase image

thank you
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=397

Step 2z. If you don't want to wait, you can pull out the cable when it starts like I have done but no guarantee it doesn't harm your device!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Gizamkd View Post
Is there tutorial for windows ??
AFAIK there is no way do this fully in windows.

flasher works in windows but with that you only install ubiboot.

There is no way install the sailfishos image via windows because the ALT_OS partition is ext4 and windows can only read they'r own partition formats (eg NTFS/VFAT and so on)

Only solution for you would be to copy the tar file to your N9 Harmattan partition and then unpack it with n9 terminal application.

Someone has already hinted bout that in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Actually windows can read other file formats there's a program called Ext2fsd. It can view ext2/3/4 formats on windows. Can't remember about it read or write function. Just check it out!

Edit: just checked it actually reads and write and also place the partition in explorer like a normal windows partition.

Last edited by Udemzy; 2013-12-09 at 12:51.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
Thanks for a long tutorial in #397. I have a spare #N9 and just planning to go thru this set of reflashes and installations and I want to use the ubiboot as bootloader for multibooting?

Now, step #5 concerning the repartitioning with Moslo; is this necessary, or can the repartitioning be done manually from open-mode Harmattan?

And in step #6 it states that the latest ubiboot 2 is dated 30052013, shouldn't this be 30102013. Would there be problems using the newest Ubiboot?

Also, to get a stock closed-mode #N9 to open-mode shouldn't the back-to-back flashing be used to solve aegis key problems in open-mode?

Thanks for any answers, and respect the #Jolla, #Mer, #Meego, #Nemo, #Maemo and #N9xx communities to make us possible to run #SailfishOS in Nokia hw.

Cheers,
-jukka

Last edited by jjaone; 2013-12-08 at 21:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjaone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by max83 View Post
hello guys this is outcome of our hard teamwork on n9-950 for sailfishOS

this version works perfectly
GPS: havent check
Camera: not working
Android: WIP

enjoy:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj..._0_0_5.tar.bz2

any broken links let us know

We are the other half in N9

++== MAX ==++
You guys didn check aliendlavik startup log.
Here it is http://pastebin.com/4wBbuBY2
ACL requires proprietary kernel module, so i think we never get this thing to working. So, sailfish for now completely useless for me...

Jukak, apologies, I did intend for it to be that but copied the wrong file name. This has been corrected.

Partitioning could be done manually by un-mounting MyDocs by connecting the phone as a Mass Storage Device. I have not tried it!

Whilst I have not stated that its b2b, the fact the handset has not been rebooted in Step 2 would mean most people would already have the files at hand for Step 3. I can alter the guide if necessary but its really intended for those with little to no experience but wanting to inject some life into their N9!

@souren is is mysatroker the jolla phone wlan chip or something to do with droid compat?

Last edited by Nad; 2013-12-08 at 21:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
@souren is is mysatroker the jolla phone wlan chip or something to do with droid compat?
According to log, mysatroker has some relationship with resourcemanager and audioserver. Maybe SurfaceFlinger fails beause of not aviable resources. Or maybe it requires android EGL drivers...

The Following User Says Thank You to SourenAraya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Only solution for you would be to copy the tar file to your N9 Harmattan partition and then unpack it with n9 terminal application.

Someone has already hinted bout that in this thread.
Yes, you can do this from the ubiboot maintenance console that appears when you leave the usb cable connected when you boot. The network interface may not be installed properly - look for an 'Other device' called 'RNDIS'. You'll have to tell it to install a driver manually - I usually go with the 'USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget' by 'Acer Incorporated' as it's easy to find. Be warned - if you re-connect this device later on, you'll probably get a bluescreen, so uninstall it when you're finished.

Telnet to 192.168.2.15 (you'll have an IP on that interface already because ubiboot usefully starts a DHCP server). You can install the 'Telnet Client' windows component if you don't have one already. The MyDocs partition should pop up when it's booted, so you can copy your image over.

When you're in, cd to /mnt and create two directories, 'mmc' and 'sf'. mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 on sf and /dev/mmcblk0p1 on mmc. Then you can do the tar as you would have done on linux:

Code:
tar --numeric-owner -xf mmc/yourimage -C sf/

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish