Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
My answer to the thick/heavy phone problems?

Cargos 4 life.

See, unlike my metrose--- fashionable friends who buy their phones to suit their attire, I buy clothes to match my phone.
lol i think i'm the only person i know who still wears skater jeans for this reason.. tho i have been known to crack out the man bag every now and again..
always think those crumpler holsters look intersting too..

is there any update on the fixed back covers?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
theyre sending TWO covers?? Nice!
Yeah I was impressed when they told me that. Great customer service!

Hopefully they'll arrive soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveQB For This Useful Post:
In case I haven't mentioned it already, in my tests this battery measures up very close to 2400mAh, measured from the shutdown threshold to full battery.

It'a so refreshing to see someone make a battery labeled and marketed with its real capacity!

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
In case I haven't mentioned it already, in my tests this battery measures up very close to 2400mAh, measured from the shutdown threshold to full battery.

It'a so refreshing to see someone make a battery labeled and marketed with its real capacity!
Yes, I've noticed also, the capacity IS what is promised.
It was better to be also, for that price.
Mugen Power company isn't just some NO NAME company, so I felt pretty secure when making the order then. They have been in Formula F1 industry before also.

The design bugs are a misfortune though. The back cover design flaw is probably cheap to correct, just plastic; but the wrong type of resistor inside the battery is a different thing.
I haven't got any info are they planning to fix that issue or not. A new (or two) back cover won't fix it. There could be also a software fix, but that needs Nokia as BME is closed source.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
but the wrong type of resistor inside the battery is a different thing.
Presumably that is not a bug - you'd think Mugen would know about that kind of technical feature as it's hardly the first time it's been used to determine capacity in a mobile battery. If it's news to Mugen, after all these years in business, then that would come as a suprise.

On the other hand you can excuse them for the lack of a magnet and white reflector as these features are somewhat unique to the N900, although a modicum of investigation would have revealed their existence/purpose. I still can't help thinking this product has just been cobbled together though.

When I get the time I plan to test at which temperature you need to boot n900 for bme battery measurements to become useful

Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
My answer to the thick/heavy phone problems?

Cargos 4 life.

See, unlike my metrose--- fashionable friends who buy their phones to suit their attire, I buy clothes to match my phone.
Dude, I'd love to find cargo pants in my size! I love them! Even cargo shorts would rock too. Especially since I've got several large 1+ lb batteries I periodically need to carry with me.

Has anyone received an updated rear cover yet? I'm contemplating ordering one of these but I don't want to have to mod a bad cover.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I haven't received mine yet.

Are they fixing the lack of sliding camera lens cover?

Last edited by geneven; 2010-04-20 at 04:22.