Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Just out of curiosity, isn't there a way to coordinate this stuff before it goes public? Or am I missing something?
FWIW, the reason i'm 'conflicting' is to avoid broken devices and unforseen situations. The kernel in the 'uboot-pr13' package should only be used with PR1.3 kernel + modules as stated in guides.

There's nothing stopping the other kernels from having a uboot-<theirkernel> variant. It's when you start mixing kernel + modules that things really break.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
lease help me .I do not what happen but a penguin show up while I was installing a full charged battery it do not time out, I can not turn off my n900 and if I remove the battery and reinstall it the penguin show up on power on.
How can go back to maemo , when I typed the command

run mmcboot it said wrong image format comand
ERROr : can not get kernel image
I want only get maemo back

The Following User Says Thank You to jorgecallejas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by jorgecallejas View Post
lease help me .I do not what happen but a penguin show up while I was installing a full charged battery it do not time out, I can not turn off my n900 and if I remove the battery and reinstall it the penguin show up on power on.

To boot Maemo type:
Code:
run noloboot
run mmcboot is for booting from SD card (i.e. MeeGo).

Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
To boot Maemo type:
Code:
run noloboot
run mmcboot is for booting from SD card (i.e. MeeGo).
i tried but it get stuck on starting kernel,,,although i did try to install meego at all i just got an update called u-boot or something like this with penguin logo,,,,nd once i switched off my mob after many days from downloading it i got this starting up screen,,,,,wt should i doooo,,,,,is there any kind of hard reset without logging in the system using keys i mean!!????

The Following User Says Thank You to islam_n900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jorgecallejas View Post

hey brother i had the same problem like u whit that penguin about u-boot,ok u first need a mac pc and install the program 770 flasher.u-boot doesnt allow to charge the n900 so u have to have a little bit of battery saved in ur n900 then u need to download the ""RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin and put ur n900 on flash mode. i already just did it now and my n900 is "ALIVE AGAIN" .good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to maurovasca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by maurovasca View Post
hey brother i had the same problem like u whit that penguin about u-boot,ok u first need a mac pc and install the program 770 flasher.u-boot doesnt allow to charge the n900 so u have to have a little bit of battery saved in ur n900 then u need to download the ""RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin and put ur n900 on flash mode. i already just did it now and my n900 is "ALIVE AGAIN" .good luck.
You do not need a mac, you can use any Windows, Linux, pretty much anything that has USB-support. And to use the 770 flasher for N900 is in no way a good solution. Go to the Maemo Wiki, get flasher-3.5 along with a firmware, preferably the newest for your region or your previous. (Or just get the global FW)

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by islam_n900 View Post
i tried but it get stuck on starting kernel,,,although i did try to install meego at all i just got an update called u-boot or something like this with penguin logo,,,,nd once i switched off my mob after many days from downloading it i got this starting up screen,,,,,wt should i doooo,,,,,is there any kind of hard reset without logging in the system using keys i mean!!????
I had a similar issue that was resolved by removing the battery, and reinstalling it.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
FWIW, the reason i'm 'conflicting' is to avoid broken devices and unforseen situations. The kernel in the 'uboot-pr13' package should only be used with PR1.3 kernel + modules as stated in guides.
There's nothing stopping the other kernels from having a uboot-<theirkernel> variant. It's when you start mixing kernel + modules that things really break.
nope. It's u-boot that breaks many devices.
kernel-power fixes the broken /sbin/preinit to load modules from the directory of the currently running kernel instead of /lib/modules/current. It also does not remove the modules of the stock kernel. That's why it's so simple to revert to the stock kernel by reflashing the kernel image only.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Mexico
Quick instructions to install Meego, without flasher

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65673

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
I BRICKED MY Device...i installed u boot and now wen i try to boot up i get the penguin screen it tries to load the kernel...
says booting NOLO supplied kernel...
comes to starting kernel... then just shuts off
Please help!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to pavi.kant For This Useful Post: