Notices

The SNES button in wiicontrol didn't do anything for me. So I just edited the default mapping in the wiicontrol python script and changed button 1 and 2 to some keystroke like 'm' and 'n' and changed that in drnoksnes to m and n for button A and B respectively.

Thomas

The Following User Says Thank You to Scummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Any reasons why any of the wiicontrol button for different usage are impossible to click on?

(Can't get the classical game pad to react either, only the wii mote sends the space for 1, enter for 2, etc..)

Originally Posted by R-R View Post
Any reasons why any of the wiicontrol button for different usage are impossible to click on?

(Can't get the classical game pad to react either, only the wii mote sends the space for 1, enter for 2, etc..)
I have the same issue. I would like to get the classical game pad working since the standard wiimote does not have SNES button setups.

If anyone is able to figure out how to get the classical controller extension working with wiicontrol, please let us know!

can someone create a guide to run drnoksnes with wiimote? please.

sorry for my bad english.

Which version of zeemote should I buy to work with N900? I am assuming the one meant for Nokia devices?

Thanks

I can't install wiicontrol. not from app man or with dpkg...
the log shows that it was trying to overwrite .DS_Store already used by transitioncontrol package. nice, developers could at least try to remove their mac diarrhea files before building a deb file.
I also have optified python, could this be an issue? It's nagging something about that too, but it doesn't halt on that error.

Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
The SNES button in wiicontrol didn't do anything for me. So I just edited the default mapping in the wiicontrol python script and changed button 1 and 2 to some keystroke like 'm' and 'n' and changed that in drnoksnes to m and n for button A and B respectively.

Thomas
I just did a test run, had the snes emulator running fine and paired my wiimote with wiicontrol fine. Used the SNES profile and it seems as you hinted at that the A/B/+/- buttons may not work by default due to some other operation they have been programed to perform. How do I edit the script for wiicontrol so that I can give them valid commands within the keyboard mapping of drnoksnes?

For me in my trial run I only had the dpad + the 1&2 buttons working while +/- changed volume.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
I just did a test run, had the snes emulator running fine and paired my wiimote with wiicontrol fine. Used the SNES profile and it seems as you hinted at that the A/B/+/- buttons may not work by default due to some other operation they have been programed to perform. How do I edit the script for wiicontrol so that I can give them valid commands within the keyboard mapping of drnoksnes?

For me in my trial run I only had the dpad + the 1&2 buttons working while +/- changed volume.
wiicontrol needs a fix so profiles are properly working and drnoksnes too, for dual player support i guess.
Wish i could help but no expertise there.

Hmm noticed today when actually trying to play and not just quick test that the SNES emu is lagging for me. When connected to the TV out even more lag.

I did not notice this before so I may have a task using up cpu power I need ot track down. I think Irreco and QTirreco are the only new applications I have installed.

Mario is a good game to play, simple and seems to work 100%. I tried rock & roll racing an old favorite of mine and sadly the background music does not play, it just loops small sounds over and over shame that game is good but the music is one of the best parts

So guess drnoksnes is not a 100% emulator like zsnes that I am familar with on PC.

BTW I tried the "top" command to see if I had my cpu cycles being eaten alive and I cant really make heads or tails out of what I saw as none of the readings had an application name and the list was random from 0 to 80% load and seemed to never end no matter what direction I was scrolling.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
I can't install wiicontrol. not from app man or with dpkg...
the log shows that it was trying to overwrite .DS_Store already used by transitioncontrol package. nice, developers could at least try to remove their mac diarrhea files before building a deb file.
I also have optified python, could this be an issue? It's nagging something about that too, but it doesn't halt on that error.
wiicontrol is not compatible with "transitioncontrol" app.. remove transitioncontrol and re-install wiicontrol