Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
sometime the real problem is not the camera harware, but the position of who shot and the subject.

If we haven't a decent subject, it's clear that the picture is bad.

However, is it impossible to shot a very very good picture in automatic mode. A portrait with the appropriate setting will be more attractive than one with deafault setting. In some case is necessary to modify some options like white balance, exposure or ISO. For these reason i have just promoted a general redesigned of Camera's GUI , that is more dispersive and not designed for quickly access.

Don't forget that the image resolution is more important when we shot a photo. wide mode is good for Panorama and Action scene. 5 is ideal for Macro and Portrait (<1m) photo!

I'm making a guide in italian language. if someone help me to translete it, i post here.

Last edited by Shady 91'; 2010-05-01 at 08:21.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
I am a camera illiterate - admittedly I do know how to operate a camera the moment I get it in my hands, while my classmates need to refer to a manual, but the photography-fu eludes me. The N900 however, is certainly comparable as a camera to quite a few P&S cameras. To say that it sucks implies something not very nice about your ability. Admittedly the Canon G7 wins the N900 by miles, especially in the macro department (no P&S can touch 1cm macros!) it does cost more than my N900.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
thanks for posting the pics.

I looked through a good portion of them. i let the slide show run for about a minute and a half i guess. anyway. what i learned is that almost every single picture on there were taking in amzing light conditions. IE: every single one (almost) was taking outsight during a bright sunny day. i did notice a few that could have been indoors liek the one of the girl lying on a couch or something. how did it come out? grainey, crapy, fuzzy, horrible. another one of a child form a photo album or something. not as bad as the one of the lady but hazy still. the rest of the ones i saw were amazing outside shots.

So what was your point? i totally agree it takes great pics in daylight. however... SO WHAT! go inside and try and take a pic? go to a even thats not outside liek a wedding reception, or assymbly at a school. go anywhere other than the bright of day and see what you get.
Here's a few random shots taken with an N900 from Flickr taken in less than ideal light conditions. They all look pretty fine to me. I have yet to come across a compact digital that can take excellent pictures in the dark even though a xenon flash definitely helps. You need a bit of luck but practice makes perfect.

btw. I had fun looking for them

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
SO WHAT! go inside and try and take a pic? go to a even thats not outside liek a wedding reception, or assymbly at a school. go anywhere other than the bright of day and see what you get.
Yes. That's why i have dslr or just emerged four-thirds digicams with big cmos. Also Fujifilm FinePix F31fd is quite legendary in low light conditions. Almost all the 5 mp-12mp what i have seen in last few years make crap pictures in low light. I really really really doubt that you could take good pictures with n95 in low light conditions. If so then real camera manufactures are doing something terribly wrong and Nokia should probably leave cellphone business and kick fuji, olympus, nikon and all the others ***.

Last edited by slender; 2010-05-01 at 08:52.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Yes. That's why i have dslr or just emerged four-thirds digicams with big cmos. Also Fujifilm FinePix F31fd is quite legendary in low light conditions. Almost all the 5 mp-12mp what i have seen in last few years make crap pictures in low light. I really really really doubt that you could take good pictures with n95 in low light conditions. If so then real camera manufactures are doing something terribly wrong and Nokia should probably leave cellphone business and kick fuji, olympus, nikon and all the others ***.
Nokia is in fact already the biggest producer of digital cameras in the world.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Do you have any samples or comparison shots?
i am sure i can find some old ones abd post them. give me a bit to try and hunt them down

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Here's a few random shots taken with an N900 from Flickr taken in less than ideal light conditions. They all look pretty fine to me. I have yet to come across a compact digital that can take excellent pictures in the dark even though a xenon flash definitely helps. You need a bit of luck but practice makes perfect.

btw. I had fun looking for them
Damn these are really really really good. sheesh how easy or hard was it to produce these kinds of results with the n900?

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Haha, I had to laugh hard, since you have no idea what you're talking about. If you owned the N900 and had some basic skills, you would know the N900 is capable of making amazing photos.
of course its capable. and i I am pretty sure i do have "some" idea of what i am talking about. I do own a n900 btw. When you say basic skills i think you are exaggerating a bit. i don't think anyone n900 owner would object to needing at least "slightly" more than just basic skills.

Tags
n900 is poo