The problem is as following:

The video player says no videos, there are no pictures in the gallery and the music player doesn't see any music. I can open videos/pictures from filebox but can't do the same with music ,n notification pops up and says empty playlist when i try to do so. I can only open the music files that are in the .feeds folder. I can see all the documents/notes from the respective apps.

Also when I plug in my phone into a computer all the folders and files are shown as shortcuts.here is the link if you want to see the screenshot shot from the computer.

I tried downloading a video with cuteTube and it downloaded but doesn't appear in the archive section. Newly saved pictures from the internet are also only accessible through filebox.

i tried gallerybugx but that didnt work(figures). reading around the forum this seems to be a tracker problem but as a complete n00b ( opening the terminal and writing down exit to close instead of swyping is the most tech-savvy thing i can do) i figured its best to stop and ask for directions.

i got some things to add

i was wrong about the documents thing, i cant see any from the application but can open them through filebox. also when i try to say, pictures for example i get the wrong file type error.

so do you guys think that flashing would solve my problem? or should i try tracker-control-r first. also i have a question about tracker-control-r, i cant backup my contacts and load them after i have done tracker-control-r or can i?

have i posted this in the wrong subforum?

Make a backup of your phone using Nokia Suite/the inbuilt phone backup app in settings. If wanted, export your contacts as vcards and save them on your PC. Then you can play about with tracker knowing your contacts are safe.

What are the targets of the shortcuts?

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
the targets to shortcuts are like this (for example for the music folder)

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start Elena.vbs&start explorer Music&exit

btw:
what does SuiteConf.xml do?

Last edited by beba; 2013-12-05 at 21:00. Reason: added a question at the end

Originally Posted by beba View Post
the targets to shortcuts are like this (for example for the music folder)

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start Elena.vbs&start explorer Music&exit

btw:
what does SuiteConf.xml do?
Looks like you got some malware on your pc:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=El...hannel=suggest

Get rid of it then report back!

I think SuiteConf.xml is just for Nokia Suite, you can delete it, its re-generated at boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
the virus or whatever was that caused this problem. it also messed up my flash drive. so i decided to reinstalled windows( they were awfully slow so it was for more then one reason) and today i finally went about at flashed the N9 which fixed all its problems.

thanks for your knowledge, effort and time Nad.