Active Topics

This article I found tries to tell me iOs 4 would every product work better even products that are phones. I found the article here http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...-iOS-4-118940/.
  1. Google Nexus One How could someone put iOs on this and expect it sell Android isn't a bad os. Saying it didn't sell well because of bad software is stupid because by definition Apple software is complete crap. The reason the Nexus One didn't sell well was because it was sold directly online and mot people want to purchase phones in cellphones stores.
  2. Dell Streak seriously would have iOs 4 before the iPad that is just stupid. iOs wouldn't have made it better or sell more. I just don't know anyone who wants a device like a Dell Streak.
  3. Macbook seriously what, why would you put a smartphone os on a full sized computer.
  4. Netbooks how would iOs 4 help netbooks last time I checked netbooks were very popular. You can't convince someone that smartphone os should go on a full sized computer.
  5. Apple TV to some extent this makes sense to use the Apple tv for a software platform because it already runs on a slim downed version of Mac Os but it wouldn't make sense just to put iOs 4 on it iOs hasn't been optimized for TV's.
  6. Motorola Droid x they say iOs 4 would help the sails of the Droid x even though it has only been out for a small amount of time. This part of the post shows the obvious Apple fanboism. Adding iOs 4 to the Droid x would make it suck.
  7. iPad this is the only part of the post that makes sense because at some point the iPad will receive it sometime.
  8. Blackberry I think RIM should revamp or enhance its os but that really doesn't matter because Blackberries are still selling like hotcakes and there limited os hasn't hurt them yet. The group that buys Blackberries still owns Blackberries. People who use it for enterprise and those who like to send a lot of messages.
  9. PS3 nothing about putting a smartphone os on a ps3 makes sense to me. From owning and using a PS3 I really like it I would like some more functionality. The PS3 does what it is supposed to it plays games and has multimedia features.
  10. Garmin Nuvi Gps ok what iOs on gps devices I doubt it.
How would iOs 4 help any of these devices accept for the iPad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
I'm confused

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I'm confused
+1
(AKA me too)

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
+1
(AKA me too)
Me to +1 that article sucked.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
just updated my girlfriends 3gs to os4, major MAJOR mistake!
no internet whatsoever now, phone turns itself off everytime she tries to use it, so i googled '3gs os4 problems' seems everyone is suffering badly over it, she loved the phone but now hates it and apple, lets see the fanboys explain that one!

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
just updated my girlfriends 3gs to os4, major MAJOR mistake!
no internet whatsoever now, phone turns itself off everytime she tries to use it, so i googled '3gs os4 problems' seems everyone is suffering badly over it, she loved the phone but now hates it and apple, lets see the fanboys explain that one!
In my opinion what Apple does well is not software because every piece of software from Apple I have used is crap what Apple does well is making good user experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I saw the article also, and though it was silly. I wish the author had written the article on his iPhone 4 so that the reception problem would have kept him from submitting it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
I saw the article also, and though it was silly. I wish the author had written the article on his iPhone 4 so that the reception problem would have kept him from submitting it.
Lol true that article was just crap.

I don't understand how iOs 4 could fit on those devices it barely works on an iPhone.

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2010-06-30 at 22:22.

What a total idiot. Yes put IOS on a blackberry. I am sure blackberry users would love that.

Or better yet, put it on a netbook. Yeah that would allow you to handle all your computing needs...and make fart sounds on demand.

LOL at IOS on Apple TV. Nothing is able to save this product from being the pathetic joke that it is. How the hell does this guy expect it to integrate a touch screen UI?

This is laughably stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to Clubberlang For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboyism, worstthreadever