Maybe you guys could help me out. Is there a way to have ETA show in modrana? How about other means of customizing the home screen?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swordfish II For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
because upstream marble has apparently included the Cyclestreets.net routing I asked for, which would be incredibly handy to get onto my handlebars.
As that probably means that they have a sensible API, I've added a modRana RFE for Cyclestreets.net routing support. Can't really promise any concrete timeline for it at the moment though, but I'll have to really start adding alternative routing providers sooner or later anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
actually, ModRana have a GTK/Python GUI. The alternate QML GUI is quite proof-of-concept only, not really daily usable.

/Estel
Yeah, it is more or less dead, at least as further development is considered. BTW, as I've already mentioned a few times, if someone succeeds in building & packaging PyOtherSide, we should be able to run the nice, fast & shiny Qt 5/QML/QtQuick 2.0 GUI, that is in active development and already used by default on Sailfish OS. It even has Debian packaging that should be a good starting point and we already have Qt 5 & Python 3 on Maemo. Any takers ? ;-) I would do that myself, but my Maemo 5 SDK is hosed and on top of that I'm as busy as always.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
So, the default Modrana's GUI is GTK/Python? Still, it looks much different from other GTK apps, in both shape and colour. Not using system-wide GTK themes, as far as I remember?
Actually it using GTK basically to only setup the window and for dialogs. Everything else is custom drawn with the Cairo vector graphics library. For why it is like this - Rana already did this since 2008 when I forked it to modRana in 2010, most probably due to the normal GTK widgets & layout engine not really being suitable for a small screen mobile & touch based interface. So using them would require approximately the same amount of hacks as doing a custom GUI in Cairo. The downside is that it might look a little out of place, but on the plus side it is not really dependent on the custom Maemo GTK widgets so for example runs on most Linux distros without need to install anything, even from fresh Git clone (they still usually have pygtk installed).

Originally Posted by Swordfish II View Post
Maybe you guys could help me out. Is there a way to have ETA show in modrana?
Do you mean Estimated Time of Arrival for a route or something else ?

How about other means of customizing the home screen?
Check /home/user/.modrana/user_config.conf.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Yes estimated time of arrival.

The app is great (and way better than everything else I have tried), but I am trying to get it 100% to my liking (eg move the directions to a corner instead of right in the middle, show ETA, maybe make the google traffic overlay show up a bit better)

Appreciate the response, and I'll look at the config file

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swordfish II For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
As that probably means that they have a sensible API, I've added a modRana RFE for Cyclestreets.net routing support. Can't really promise any concrete timeline for it at the moment though, but I'll have to really start adding alternative routing providers sooner or later anyway.
API details for cyclestreets.net can be found at the eminently sensibly named https://www.cyclestreets.net/api/

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2014-11-24 at 14:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Thanks was able to set ETA. Maybe I am just tired but I didn't see a way to move the direction box in the middle of the screen. Am I missing something?

The Following User Says Thank You to Swordfish II For This Useful Post:
Thanks was able to set ETA. Maybe I am just tired but I didn't see a way to move the direction box in the middle of the screen. Am I missing something?
Hmm, I'll have to check where the coordinates for it come from.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I have what should be ETA uncommented in the config text, and it does show on the main screen... but even when I have a route actively running it says "Please activate a route to show destination ETA"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swordfish II For This Useful Post:
I thought that I'll just let you know - the latest and greatest version od ModRana, with or without any tweaks in logging/naming of logs, etc, still crashes as it used to with cairo errors in output.

As earlier, those crashes *never* happen if ModRana UI is left alone (aka no user input) - even if centering on position is enabled and maps travel with user at high speed, new tiles are loading, everything is rotating, etc.

Hoever, if user fiddles with moving the map around manually, crash is 100% sure to happen at some point.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: