Active Topics

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I know, thanks. Still: It wasn't installed on my N9 and I cannot recall having seen/used/uninstalled/... it at any time.
I just wonder: Why wasn't Nokia Link on my phone in the first place? How would people get confpp if they don't have Nokia Link?
Now my memory fails to serve properly but I think Nokia-Link wasn't present in the flashed image in all the PR versions.
It is a package that is not listed as dependency of mp-harmattan, so unless you have it in the initial flashed image it wasn't going to be installed.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
imposible, Nokia Link was announced after the phone, it was not present in PR1.0 and maybe in later fw images

Woudn't surprise me to see N9 sabotaged by the same people who abandoned it.
Lumia is the goal. They know customers (nokia ones) are loyal.

Still, i have good faith in Nokia. Let's keep this to a rumor or a conspiracy lool

One thing i know... i won't be installing it as everything works fine for me.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I updated and have zero issues.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Serbia
Updated, no issues.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by nokiasempre View Post
One thing i know... i won't be installing it as everything works fine for me.
Exactly! Why try to fix something that is not yet broken?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Now my memory fails to serve properly but I think Nokia-Link wasn't present in the flashed image in all the PR versions.
That could be possible. I just checked my two N9 and the one with PR 009 variant had Nokia Link installed whereas the one with PR 232 didn't.

The PR 232 one updated fine with apt-get install and the package name given earlier. No issues so far (but I don't use the software that is said to be affected).

Side question:

What *IS* the latest version of Nokia Link on Windows? I have 1.2.415.4169 installed an there was 1.2.416.4334_Beta on Nokia Betalabs that never was released as final AFAIK? Is there a newer/final version?

Last edited by hw9xx; 2013-06-12 at 19:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Exactly! Why try to fix something that is not yet broken?
Updated. No issues found. Reboot. Still seems fine. Fingers crossed!!! :-)

When Nokia is aware of a change to the network that could cause an issue with the phones out there, would you rather have them wait it out and see if it actually fails before they come up with a fix proactively.

I really appreciate Nokia for at least protecting their customers (of this abandoned device, N9) from such a disaster. With all its minor annoyances, I really depend on my N9 100% and I cannot afford to have such a down time.

I understand some users are having issues with some apps, but it is better than all users go dead one day when the network decide to proceed with the change.

Hopefully Nokia is aware of the issue and fix it for you guys soon. At least your phones can still make the call.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
BTW: I guess this 3G fix is the same that was rolled out for Symbian devices?

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/flow/...t_a_3G_net.php

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Basically, the conclusion is, if you don't have the mentioned bug, don't update because it will produce the mentioned bug. LOL

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:

Tags
3g bug, herpderp, nokia link