Active Topics

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
the double tap to wake up only works when the LPM screen is active.
Thank you this is working!

[QUOTE=abyzthomas;1469123] 1. Copied ~/.local/share/commhistory folder from my Jolla - because only thing local that I really need is my sms and call log. Messages and log came through, but for some reason new messages and call history is not getting saved/QUOTE]

A restart fixed it

[QUOTE=abyzthomas;1469123] 2. Pairing Bluetooth - finds the car audio and seems like registering, but never saves it. {/QUOTE]

Successfully paired with Bose Soundlink Mini and after that, I was able to pair with my Mazda without any issues. Don't know what the issue was! Haven't tested music or phone calls a lot, but it is paired. I will test them in the next few days.

Something is not quite right with audio, but it is working for the most part. It sometimes get stuck. Needed to restart couple times to recover.

Things are looking good though. The phone is really usable!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
One more important issue:

8. Flash for the camera does not seem to work. Torch app does not turn on the flash either
It doesn't work out of the box but you can add it afterwards. I updated the first post accordingly.

------------------------------------
@bluefoot: Regarding battery consumption in idle can you please test following with me: Install sysmon from warehouse and monitor your current battery life for some hours / a day. Afterwards install powertop from console and toggle as root the cpu-scheduler in the last tab from bad to good and monitor battery consumption again? Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Can you elaborate how to activate LPM? Although I have applied the commands given, I cannot use double tap to wake.

Finally I decided to give it a try on my old Nexus 5.

3. 4G connection issues for data (USA T-Mobile). 3G seems to work good.
Finally figured out. By long pressing Mobile data and manually Editing and setting the T-Mobile APN to fast.t-mobile.com, it started connecting to 4G. I am getting between 10MB-25MB speed so far, using SpeedOf.me HTML5 speed test site. Pretty happy
Does Sailfish ever say LTE? Or it just says 4G? In USA I had 2G on my Jolla, so never seen it. Finally SailfishOS can be used in USA.

Still three annoying problems left:

1. Call volume too low.
I tried:
Code:
$ pactl set-sink-volume 1 100%
$ pactl set-sink-volume 1 500%
$ pacmd set-source-volume 1 65536
etc, bu no luck!!!

Anyone know how to tune it?

2, Screen stops responding to touch sometime. It never recovers and end up rebooting to reset it. Anyone else having this issue?

3. Bluetooth still get stuck. Call does not work, but music works from some apps (YTPlayer) some times!

But still, I feel happier with this than Jolla. I think it is because of the more reliable mobile connection in USA (it was okay for the most part with Jolla because I have wifi, but still). Nexus 5 seems to connect 4G (with more than 70% antenna) even from my office basement, where Jolla never found the 2G network. I haven't found a blind spot in my daily routine places with Nexus 5.

Looking forward for the next alpha/beta release.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Finally figured out. By long pressing Mobile data and manually Editing and setting the T-Mobile APN to fast.t-mobile.com, it started connecting to 4G...
Thanks for the report, it does sound like the Nexus 5 port is getting more stable. I'm also based in the US, and was waiting for a reasonably spec'd device with US 3G bands at a point in time where the respective Sailfish port was nearing maturity. Based on the what I'm hearing, it sounds like the OnePlus One port is also making a lot of progress. I'm not a big fan of the phablet footprint, but I may just take the plunge and give it a whirl soon...

the Wifi hotspot doesnt work for me, but the wire does. I didn't realise there were so many options when connecting via USB.

neither does video recording

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2015-05-08 at 23:37.

Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
Can you elaborate how to activate LPM? Although I have applied the commands given, I cannot use double tap to wake.
I have also issues with the LPM from time to time but in general LPM should work. The LPM is activated automatically using proximity sensor. Try to mask the sensor (upper right corner) with your hand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still three annoying problems left:

1. Call volume too low.
Anyone know how to tune it?

2, Screen stops responding to touch sometime. It never recovers and end up rebooting to reset it. Anyone else having this issue?

3. Bluetooth still get stuck. Call does not work, but music works from some apps (YTPlayer) some times!
1. no idea
2. Already addressed [hammerhead][alpha11] random crashes on lockscreen and [hammerhead][alpha11][sensors] random crashes
3. Testing BT is on my list.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
neither does video recording
Addressed
[hammerhead][alpha11][cameraplus] video recording crashs application

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@all: This is a community project. The more we help out with bug reporting and documentation the more those ports will be usable day to day.

Please post your findings here and use the bugtracker mentioned in the first post. If you have some howtos of general interest i will add them too. And don't be shy to ask the porters / developers on IRC :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
when i switched my camera to the front camera, it crashed. and now i cant access my back camera because the application starts on the front camera and crashes

hmm editting the config file inside .config to use device 0 doesnt work either.

Using Wayland-EGL
[W] QQmlImportDatabase::registerPluginTypes:1875 - Module 'QtCamera' does not contain a module identifier directive - it cannot be protected from external registrations.
[W] DeclarativeWindow:eclarativeWindow:82 - No default allowed orientations defined. Check your device configuration!
[W] unknown:84 - qrc:/qml/FocusReticle.qml:84: TypeError: Cannot read property 'x' of undefined
[W] QtCamModePrivate::setPreviewSize:219 - Cannot set preview caps. Preview not supported
[D] LocalSensorManagerInterface::loadPluginFinished:92 - void LocalSensorManagerInterface::loadPluginFinished(QD BusPendingCallWatcher*) "Unexpected reply signature: got "i", expected "b""
[W] QtCamViewfinderRendererNemo:aint:93 - renderer not started yet
[W] QtCamModePrivate::setPreviewSize:219 - Cannot set preview caps. Preview not supported
[W] QtCamImageModePrivate::applyFastCapture:54 - applyFastCapture: not supported
[W] QtCamImageModePrivate::applyFastCapture:54 - applyFastCapture: not supported
[W] QtCamDevice::start:207 - Failed to start camera pipeline
[D] showError:227 - Error: Failed to start camera. Please restart the application.
i attempted to remove the config file. still no luck

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2015-05-10 at 15:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
when i switched my camera to the front camera, it crashed. and now i cant access my back camera because the application starts on the front camera and crashes
Thank you, I will fill a bug. Please switch back by editing the file
Code:
~/.config/harbour-cameraplus/harbour-cameraplus.conf
and change device id from 1 to 0 in the camera block, the first to lines should look like
Code:
[camera]
device=0
My complete file looks like
Code:
[camera]
device=0
enablePreview=true
gridEnabled=false
plugin=org.foolab.cameraplus.image
showToolBar=true
useGps=false

[fileNaming]
imageCounter=3
imageStamp=20150508
videoCounter=4
videoStamp=20150505

[primary]
image\flashMode=0
image\resolution=3264x2448-4:3
video\mute=true
video\resolution=1920x1080-16:9
video\sceneMode=6
video\torchOn=false

Last edited by BluesLee; 2015-05-10 at 16:08.