Notices

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Bzouk View Post
Hi maartenmk,

N9Profile is for ringing profiles only for now (changing volume, ringing sounds form calls, sms, email and IM, vibrations etc.) and (power-saving profile, setting screen brightness & timeouts to low, GSM only, wifi/bluetooth off etc.) are something else, some apps already exist for this. But one big app for all of this would be nice.
I know of apps for all of those (non-profile) things, but afaik none that arrange all of them at the same time. Is there an app I have missed?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Hi maartenmk,

N9Profile is for ringing profiles only for now (changing volume, ringing sounds form calls, sms, email and IM, vibrations etc.) and (power-saving profile, setting screen brightness & timeouts to low, GSM only, wifi/bluetooth off etc.) are something else, some apps already exist for this. But one big app for all of this would be nice.
Do you want to rent ur brains?
Is there any possibility of GPS support, like in location based profile?
Thanks for the app, this is awesome.

the profile didnt save , everytime exit the app and open again, the profile gone,the time profile didnt save either.

App is running in the background when you hide it.

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
App is running in the background when you hide it.
Perhaps I am being a bit dense, but what do you mean hide it?

The Following User Says Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
alienhead:
In next release i will make map where you can select area for profile and this will use GPS.

ryanl33x1511- I will look what is wrong, thx for report

skalogre - When you press close button ( bit X in right top corner) it will hide app only (it will run on background) I am using this and in menu is button for close app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bzouk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
alienhead:
In next release i will make map where you can select area for profile and this will use GPS.

ryanl33x1511- I will look what is wrong, thx for report

skalogre - When you press close button ( bit X in right top corner) it will hide app only (it will run on background) I am using this and in menu is button for close app.
I see. Now, is there some indicator somewhere of what profile is currently enabled? Also, I think there may be some issues with profile switching with the network Cell ID. I had set it to use a specific profile while at work. To get it activated I switched the phone off line then back on line. However, once I left the area of that Cell ID it did not revert back to the default profile.

Anyhow, this is a great application, thank you!

I have put status bar v main windows.
I am not using Cell ID but Location ID (that could be entire city etc.) and Qt Mobility to get that ID. Maybe some bug can be in Qt Mobility. I will look on that too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow, this is something I've been waiting for since day one. Great job, but will have to wait until it's at least in "testing" as I've been burnt before with "devel" repo and don't want to go through a complete rebuild again.

I have put status bar v main windows.
I am not using Cell ID but Location ID (that could be entire city etc.) and Qt Mobility to get that ID. Maybe some bug can be in Qt Mobility. I will look on that too.
Could you please use CellID instead because it is better for smaller areas?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post: