Active Topics

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
maemo-launcher (0.35-8+0m5) is in the repo, changes:

* enable booster-qt

This should vastly reduce startup times of qt applications witn maemo-launcher support
Does the booster come from applauncherd? Or was it written separately? Will only plain Qt apps benefit from it or QML as well?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

I tried latest maemo-launcher but didn't notice any significant decrease startup time in qml or qwidget application. Does anyone tested it?
QApplication::applicationDirPath() now always return /usr/bin - is there any workaround for this?

Without any precise measurements just for comparision: start simple game doodlejump takes 3-4s with/without maemo-launcher and 2s with applauncherd.

Last edited by elros34; 2015-07-05 at 08:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Hello, CSSU-Devel now contains updated kernel (based on kernel-power v53 with stripped battery modules, etc) and DSP HD (720p) codecs! There is also update for getbootstate/preinit which should be compatible with upstream kernels too.

When upgrading, first update kernel packages and then everything else. Otherwise there you can have problems with conflicting files... This will be fixed once I update kernel packages again (=fix dependences for kernel-modules package).

Please test if video playback still working. Also if camera recording works... etc.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Thank you pali. Will try this for the first time soon and get back to report. I have kernel power 53, fcam-drivers and blessn900.

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2015-08-02 at 22:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
freemangordon, you are probably busy but could you implement something similar to MDeclarativeCache::applicationDirPath() in maemo-launcher so it will return correct path instead of /usr/bin ?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hi there!

I have CSSU installed and some old Nokia repos to have all packages available (muaf).

I have run apt-get upgrade and found 50 MBs of updates. The phone have done the upgrade and now it is not booting up at all. After seeing the Nokia screen it becomes dark and nothing happens.

Did I crash it?

A simple apt-get upgrade should not jeopardize the full OS and prevent it from booting. At least no one was saying "don't do update like on an average Debian based Linux system".

Last edited by cefre00; 2015-09-19 at 23:33. Reason: Solved...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@cefre00
Did you take a look to the thread title?

Which CSSU flavour? [if really devel, stop reading]
Which mirrors of which repos?
A mormal 'upgrade' or a 'dist-upgrade'?

Best would have been to simulate the upgrade (apt-get upgrade -s) and check the output or have it checked by community members. This is what I would like you to do now again and post.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
modest (3.90.7-13.3) is in the repo, changelog:

* Use correct body and attachments when email is miltipart/alternative containing miltipart/mixed nodes

see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95995 for details

Please test and report

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Done so (after upgrading spare device to latestthumb).

And yes! It works
Attachments are shown now.

But when I followed correctly modest should show html preferred? And then attached image should be shown inside mail view?
(but is not, looks like plain text)

Oh, and after looking a second time it seems some (html) parts are missing in the view.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Done so (after upgrading spare device to latestthumb).

And yes! It works
Attachments are shown now.

But when I followed correctly modest should show html preferred? And then attached image should be shown inside mail view?
(but is not, looks like plain text)

Oh, and after looking a second time it seems some (html) parts are missing in the view.
The example email you sent to me is shown fine here, could you forward the mail you have problems with as well so I can see what happens?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Tags
easter egg, lockslider