Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks to all contestants!

We have had even more competition entries than first expected, and when the deadline closed in the end of January there are a
whopping 32 entries!

Now the ball is in the hands of community members to evaluate and score the contestants, until voting starts on 15.2.2017

Because we have 3 different categories in the competiton, we need to define the order between the categories to line up contestants in correct order.
To encourage new developers the "Beginner" category is given an extra boost and hence the pick order for prizes will be this;
  • 1. The winner of "Beginner" category
  • 2. The winner of "Something New" category
  • 3. The winner of "Updating/Fixing" category
  • 4. The 2nd of "Beginner" category
  • 5. The 2nd of "Something New" category
  • 6. The 2nd of "Updating/Fixing" category
  • 7. The 3rd of "Beginner" category
  • 8. The 3rd of "Something New" category
  • 9. The 3rd of "Updating/Fixing" category
  • 10. The 4th of "Beginner" category
  • 11. The 4th of "Something New" category
  • 12. The 4th of "Updating/Fixing" category
  • 13. ...
  • 14. ...
  • ... and so on.

Remember that to be eligible to vote, you need to have a Maemo account with minimum of 10 karma points. (and note that Maemo account is *not* same thing as TMO account...)

The karma 10 requirement is pretty easy to achieve, just one TMO posting with thanks is enough to gain you 10 points.

To make it possible for as many contestants as possible to get a prize we still accept donations, both monetary and devices!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
My Karma is just 5. Now I found out, accounts have to be linked to get karma points, which i just did. I wonder if karma points are counted retroactively, but i doesn't look like it.

Simpler Brightness Applet (N900) - A variation of the Simple Brightness Applet
Short tap to toggle "keep backlight on" - Long tap to open display settings

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Karma recalculation needs some time or better is done only once a while.
So link your accounts asap.

If you think you need to vote and should have already enough karma there will be manual possibility ( but it is not in my hands )...

--
Impressed by the quantatity as well as the quality and variety of entries in this coding competition.

Well done!
By all devs.
And by our community council!

Thank you.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2017-02-04 at 21:13.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Karma recalculation needs some time or better is done only once a while.
So link your accounts asap.

If you think you need to vote and should have already enough karma there will be manual possibility ( but it is not in my hands ).
@peterleinchen is correct, karma calculation after linking the accounts takes between 1...15 days depending where the crawler process is going at the moment

There indeed exists a procedure to fix karma manually; just contact me and I will fix it for you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: