Active Topics

Let me first preface this announcement by first thanking everyone who has been supporting Internet Tablet Talk (itT) and making it the best resource for discussing the Nokia Internet Tablet and anything Maemo related.

Since the Maemo Summit, I have been discussing with Quim Gil and Jussi Makinen of Nokia as well as some of the council members on ways that itT could work more closely with maemo.org. The idea of bringing itT under the maemo.org umbrella came up, and I think it's a good one. I've agreed with the council and the folks from Nokia to move itT to talk.maemo.org, and Nokia has agreed to become the primary sponsor of the site.
Read the full article.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
I'm very exited about this move. It will help the the community to come again a bit closer under the same roof. Maemo Marketing will recommend talk.meamo.org as the discussion forum on Maemo. We will link it also to the planned consumer web site of maemo.nokia.com. Looking forward to see this come alive...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Congrats Reggie, it's a very nice move for both parties. ITT has clearly had the most open and vibrant discussions, bringing that to maemo.org and extending the capabilities will be cool. Plus the new name will make sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Great! Seems like ITT gets the official recognition it deserves.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Congratulations, Reggie! Also I see this as an important movement for maemo and itT community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Finally. This site should have been official since day one, its just so great.

Personal Note: Hate the name. Internettablettalk just had a cool ring to it. talk.meamo.org, well, seems boring.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Finally. This site should have been official since day one, its just so great.

Personal Note: Hate the name. Internettablettalk just had a cool ring to it. talk.meamo.org, well, seems boring.
Do you really think the name is boring? We like it because it is contemporary. It also allows us to talk about other things than InternetTablets built on Maemo: like mobile computers as Nokia just announced the N97 being in the same category. While that one is built on S60 5th Edition, Maemo 5 is designed also for mobile computers.

Nokia has the intent to put one day video messages or podcasts from experts, partners, developers, and product managers to talk.maemo.org allowing us to talk about a wide range of things in context of Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Read the full article.
Congratulations!

And don't hesitate to contact me when you want to start working on integration between talk and downloads

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
It will be much clearer to newcomers when all Tablets related information can be found in one place. I do hope however that the forums will stay a place to openly criticize and discuss Nokia and the Internet Tablets despite being funded by Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Finally ! An end to the "it's no use ranting here" meme :-)
Thanks Reggie !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: