Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
I do hope however that the forums will stay a place to openly criticize and discuss Nokia and the Internet Tablets despite being funded by Nokia.
I guess they will.
I browse http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/ every now and then, trying to get help concerning my S60 phone. The overall attitude there is much more negative towards Nokia than it is here. Still, it's on a nokia.com domain. Therefore I doubt we'll see any change here.

(BTW: I hardly ever get help over at dicussions.europe.nokia.com, while it's a pleasure to be here at ITT. Interesting to compare the two.)

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
As a long term user I don't have any constructive ideas - obviously I'm pleased for the people involved whose efforts and work so far are now being rewarded with income and, I take it, salaries.

But for the forum itself, "sell out" springs to mind. The important thing about it to date has been the fact that it WAS NOT official. In fact I remember the excitement around when it became obvious that certain Nokia people were getting involved in posting.

With admins, mods etc how can it continue to be perceived as an "honest" refelection?

For once, I'm actually looking forward to a post from Karel!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Let's have in mind that maemo.nokia.com will be the new official Maemo site, while *.maemo.org is moving as we speak to a 100% independent and community driven site.

Sponsored by Nokia (funding the hosting, the independent maemo.org team and some special projects requested by the community) but without Nokia's ownership or decision.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
funding IS de facto ownership

The Following User Says Thank You to flareup For This Useful Post:
Could the internettablettalk.com domain remain active and point (or redirect) to the same place? There are lots of links in bugzilla, mailing list archives, blogs etc that will break otherwise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Great work, Reg! I am really looking forward to this.

Good luck, I hope all goes well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I"m happy for Reggie and the site. I'm also happy to see some improvements coming like more admins and moderators. I just hope we keep a minimal theme in the new look.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
I suppose since Nokia is not calling the next device an Internet Tablet, a forum called Internet Tablet Talk doesn't make so much sense anymore.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
The addition of moderators is a welcome addition, and is long overdue. What process will be employed to appoint moderators? The coalescence of the community aspect within maemo.org, and its backing by Nokia is positive in my books. Support from Nokia means that Maemo has a future within the giant Nokia machine. Thanks Nokia, Maemo and Reggie/Roger for this exciting development.

Last edited by EIPI; 2008-12-02 at 12:56. Reason: clarify

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
funding IS de facto ownership
If you have an alternative model we are all ears.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: